Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

My original post has been removed (not by myself). I am not sure why, I said nothing inflammatory. I am trying to understand the reasoning behind this now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@landofthetree provide a source for this or drop it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Just my own opinion.

I was laughed at this time last year when I said we would be lockdowned from Nov till April. Turns out I was wrong. It was an even longer lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭brickster69

Could be worse guys, could be in New Zealand. 1 case and they lock half the country down.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Unfortunately I agree with you! I hope both of us are wrong but I’ve seen nothing to convince me otherwise! Judge someone’s future actions by their past, and the governments past isn’t very encouraging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Is this an appropriate time to say -

Conspiracy forum thataway >>>

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

As we’re talking conspiracy theory,does Herr SCHWAB have any connection to the Covid Testing centres??😜

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭godzilla1989

Not sure if that will happen but definitely a change of mood right now from our health leaders, a realisation that it’s not over.

From get vaccinated ASAP a few weeks ago to vaccines aren’t bulletproof and be careful out there, is the message that is creeping out there now and we will be hearing that a lot more

Was bound to happen as the vaccination program comes to a close and the realisation that vaccinated people are still being hospitalised with Covid

Tony in a thinly veiled style implied that in his statement today going on about community spread and 50 people went to hospital out of 1000 cases pre vaccines and 20 cases out of 1000 cases are now after mass vaccination

Why is he even talking about slowing spread and community cases and to cut your contacts

We are all vaccinated at this stage

What more does he want?

We done our bit and got vaccinated

They need to sort out the hospitals as cases are not gonna rise as kids go back to school

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭greyday

Pfizers does for approximately 6 months, covid is back in nursing homes already.

They did not expect the vaccine they placed all their trust in to last such a short time, Moderna's on the other hands is reported to be 93% effective after 12 months.

Unfortunately we are at the mix and match stage when we thought we were over the worst, hopefully they have enough modern vaccines to give to the most vulnerable to get us out of this as quickly as possible.

Hopefully boosters are made available too all that want them over the coming months, it is expected that nursing homes will begin giving the boosters towards the end of next month.

Bad news for NZ, cases up to 5 now. She will be looking for a 6 months lock down now.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I need to change the background on my Facebook profile pic. #prayfornewzealand

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The mood music has most definitely changed in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,315 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

New Zealand need NPHET

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭aziz

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

On top of my head, list of goalposts to keep the restrictions:

wait until the vulnerable and front line workers got the boosters

wait until all the population got their boosters

wait until we get “second generation” Covid vaccines

wait until we get boosters specific for variants

wait until we have a “sterilising” vaccine

wait until the HSE actually increases their hospital/ICU capacity

"second nature" Tony or conditioning the masses.

When a population is constantly reminded of it's own mortality, it will then accept Authoritarianism. It's why you see murals of dictators everywhere in communist led and dictatorship driven countries. What's the difference between a Kim jong un mural and Tony popping up on the news fashioning his furrowed brow whilst wagging his twitter happy finger at you.. huge "be safe" warnings everywhere, the inference being, It's not safe-you're not safe-we're keeping you safe-you're working to keep your family and loved ones safe. we're starting to look like the yellow lads in toy story..ooooohhhhh it's tony...THE CLAWWWW!"!!!!

I hear folks saying, "we've come so far"..we've fallen so far more like. absolute incrementalism on display. Sure If you told every fat person they'd to loose 40lbs they'd say feck off..you dont..you say, it's just two pounds per week..but you still get your 40 pounds of Flesh eh TONY!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I find it funny that the same people taking about the "fear" of RTE news reports are the same people trying to scare us into believing we will be in lockdown again in a few weeks...

Funny might be the wrong word... Ironic? Hypocritic? Idiotic?

What's the right word?

• Advertisement

Rumour is MM has stopped calling Nicola Sturgeon and now in daily contact with Jacinda Ardern for advice.

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Tony Holohans legacy is likely to be the man who did serious damage to the psyche of the Irish people. He has created a nation of pussy whipped hypochondriacs, full of people living in absolute fear, wearing masks on their own in their cars and houses, afraid to get close to other human beings, anxiously awaiting guidance from NPHET on how to live their lives. AIB backed brave, the NPHET government fostered fear and the effects will only be seen in the coming years and decades.

Lockdown as we once knew it??? No but you'll be enjoying the NEW Normal so heavily advertised, promoted, recommended, endorsed..what's the word??

This government wanted the use of biometric tech ID cards, despite it being against Data protection. they wont miss this trick believe me.

There are opportunities a plenty at the moment and the crows will circle for their pick of the bones. CDC " the virus transmits very easily in the vaccinated and with the same viral loads... Pointless now at this stage, anyone who's vulnerable, get your jab and your flu jab and get on with life. This is idiocy now and yes RTE have folks so scared that a guy was in our gym today wearing a mask on the treadmill, what's this bloody hospital disease and Miasma theory now, we are going backwards....

I said it before and I'll say it again, these so called journalist wouldn't know the difference between aerobic exercise and anaerobic digestion.. fuckwits.

Their science correspondence is a political science degree recipient..There's a reason they offer Nobel prizes for Physics, chemistry, medicine, peace and literature..even economics came later but political science...what a joker. failed politician!

Denmark have it spot on!!

The official approval documents therefore show that these substances cannot interrupt the chain of infection because the people treated with them can become infected and thus be infectious. Practice also proves that people who are completely “vaccinated” become infected with the virus and even have the same viral load as “unvaccinated people” as the CDC, among others, has admitted. It is therefore clear that any Covid-19 “compulsory vaccination” actually lacks any justification.

All pressure, including moral pressure (alleged act of solidarity with one’s neighbor) is therefore illegal in terms of criminal and liability law based on the official approval documents.

“As a lawyer advising on corporate law, I strongly recommend that every employer stay away from Covid-19 vaccination pressure or compulsory vaccination, because most of them are obviously not even aware of the far-reaching legal consequences associated with it,” she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

If you had a choice of staying here (Ireland) for the winter or moving abroad, what would you do? Where would the best place to be? Will the UK, Spain and Denmark be opened over the winter? Anywhere else? Very lucky this summer to spend time abroad, it was great! Not worried about covid, more worried about restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

What’s most surprising is of those 5 one is a fully vaccinated nurse who they believe gave it to the 3 others.

The 1st case yesterday is the husband of that fully vaccinated nurse

They think the nurse got it in the hospital, gave it to the husband ( 1st case ) and then possibly infected 2 others

Going to be hard for the people in charge to spin that one as vaccine good story

The seven community cases are all linked to the 58-year-old man who tested positive on Tuesday. One person is a fully vaccinated nurse at Auckland city hospital and another is a teacher at an Auckland high school.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/18/new-zealand-reports-four-new-covid-cases-on-first-morning-of-snap-lockdown

They never mentioned 4 of the cases went out clubbing 😂

They expect 100-150 cases from this outbreak of 1 case

People here still think we will have no restrictions soon 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Apart from wishful thinking by a few of us here I think it’s cast iron that we won’t drop all restrictions until early next year.

Anyhow, NZ is in a completely different place to us. We’ve the vast majority of the adult population vaccinated and moving on to children. That coupled with our continued level of restrictions means it’s completely different here. NZ has had full houses at sport events and concerts for a while, whereas we are a long way from that here.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement