Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The fact that they are removing all restrictions in other countries signals that the same will happen here.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

How do you make that out. Europe has been having music gigs this months, Ireland nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not only that government refused to consider a reopening plan as reported just today. Some people will continue to deny reality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I remember when this was all about "protecting the vulnerable" what the **** is it all about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement

Second highest vaccination rate in the EU should mean that we should be leading the charge in the removal of restrictions and get our economy back to normal. But of course not only are we lagging behind, we're making little or no progress at all.

To refuse to consider a plan for the return of live music/theatre etc should be a red flag. The cheerleaders are still trying to tell us everything is grand though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

you cannot go clubbing in the UK unless your vaxed, that's a restriction or as you might believe "a condition of entry" like being white in the deep south is a condition of entry to some places even still now! or is that discrimination.

I suggest you look at Macron and see if he's lifting anything. What they're saying is that all the measures / restriction will ease but only for those who are vaccinated though Govt reserve the right to row back based of science that's not up for debate.

I'll give you a quick example. Antigen tests here, The CMO said they are not using them because the data is up for debate and unclear but being reviewed..18 months in..

Now you simply cannot wave away anything in science. Especially in a pandemic. You must state what part of the structure or process is called into question and you must show why you are calling it so, and back it up. With one wave of is hand, it's dismissed, despite an expert from America explaining their use. This is what I call a continuance of a zero tolerance policy for scientific debate and it's endorsed and backed up by the media and Govt alike in much the same why as the state backed the church for decades. Martin, Donnelly and varadkar simply point to the CMO and repeat in unison "what he said" as they all head off for perks and pay rises.

Absolute blood curdling stupidity on every level.

I cannot believe in my heart and soul that you honestly see this playing out any other way.. If it goes your way..and indeed it all improves or we get to normal agains soon. I'll send you a €150.00 meal voucher my bloody self and tip you a pint from across the room..but it wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

While the state of the health service is absolutely part of it, it's far more about inertia and lack of brave leadership.

What does your comment have to do with the post you quoted?

• Advertisement

Christ is this the dancing argument all over again??

If live music is allowed why was a plan to reopen it refused today by the cabinet subcommittee? Why are venues all over the country closed? Why were festivals like EP refused and not going ahead?

What's your time frame? I think it'll be into next year before we're back to normal.

I must've imagined the fella with the guitar playing to the outdoor area of the pub a couple weeks ago. There was a different fella last weekend. I didn't see him though because I was at a music festival in the north.

The Govt refused a reopening plan!!

Are we led to believe they are going to annouce an end to restrictions just like certain countries are doing?

Eventually, yes. It'll not be any time soon though.

Check out the Fomhair Festival in Donegal. It's happening in a big top in Gweedore over a few nights. The Waterboys are headlining Halloween night. You don't have to be vaccinated to attend.

Christ it is the dancing argument all over again!! One lad with a guitar and everything is grand! Did you miss the part where music promoters met with the Minister today and were sent on their way with zero plan? Are you denying there are stringent restrictions on live music in Ireland because it seems like you are.

Settle yourself lad. I'd call a fella getting paid to play an instrument in front of people live music. You can get all worked up about that if you want.

No, I didn't miss the goings on today. I'm not denying that there are stringent restrictions on live music in Ireland. I love going to see bands. I love going to festivals. I actually play in a band myself. I won't apologise for being an optimist though. Always look on the bright side.

You don’t get it.

5 to 2, 25 to 10, 100 to 40. No matter what way you cut it that’s a 60% reduction.

The 90% reduction includes the cases that never happened, or were never detected as they were asymptomatic, due to the vaccine.

What's the bright side of a plan to reopen live music being refused? Furthermore being refused when we have 90% of adults with at least 1 dose of vaccine. If not now, when?

Look, you might think that a lad outdoors with a guitar is progress. Considering 2 months ago we were told that those events in the Iveagh Gardens and Kilmainham were the start of a return, it seems to me a lad playing a guitar outside is a substantial backwards step.

I have tickets to an indoors gig in January which I had 100% assumed would be going ahead, but after today's nonsense I'm doubting it now.

• Advertisement

So we go from no live music to some live music. That's progress to me. I'm a glass half full kinda person. You shouldn't deny yourself a fix of live music. There's loads of gigs coming up in the north. It's only a quick drive up the road.

That makes no sense, you except industries getting destroyed here while telling people go to the North and spend your cash there at gigs

Whats the logic in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

"Restrictions don't affect me, if I don't do any of the restricted things"

"Live music is allowed, if you just leave the country"

"Whatever you say isn't true, not if I can find some pedantic loophole"

Say what? Your post makes no sense. Gigs aren't happening here. I like gigs. I'll go where the gigs are. That's the logic.

No we went from pilot music events 2 months ago, which were sold as the beginning of the return of gigs, to virtually none now. That's going backwards in any persons language except yours it seems. And saying "just go to the North" kind of proves the point. We're a basket case down here and we need to go to another country for a bit of normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Like every other festival it will be cancelled unless they move it to the mart and have 500 penned in pods of 6 like cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭brickster69

Consequences coming to those who do not have a jab in Canada

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

They weren't sold to me as the beginning of live music. They were a complete joke. This is the way I see it...and you can tell me I've rose tinted glasses on or whatever - The pubs reopened outdoors only with no live music. The pubs reopened indoors with no live music (with a vaccine pass). Pubs could have live music outdoors. That's not going backwards to me. I accept that you see it differently.

• Advertisement

Maybe actually quote what I say instead of making things up to suit your agenda. Cheers.

Advertisement