Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'd imagine sometime in the first quarter of next year.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So indoor events aren't going back to full capacity from the 22nd October ?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

If your nappy is anything like a face mask, I think you may be wearing your nappies wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Vaccine passports for theatres.

"It is I, Hamlet the Dane [scans QR code]"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Isn't the vaccine pass meant to be out of date on October 9th, so are they actually going to extend it for 2 weeks. Never mind that they're introducing it for more things through the month of September.

I really don't trust them when they say it'll be gone on October 22nd.

They've also said in the past that it was only legislated for indoors so they actually need to introduce new legislation for the

Organised outdoor events and mass gatherings can take place with capacity limits of 75% of venue capacity where all patrons are immune (fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19 within the previous 6 months).

Part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Good speech by Michael Martin, to his credit he does clearly have genuine and sincere emphaty, a trait sadly and obviously lacking in the odious Leo Varadkar. I'm not suggesting MM has got everything right but I do believe him to be sincere.

What's been announced seems very reasonable, of course some will continue to be furiously angry & bitter at any suggestion of a cautious approach and remaining restrictions, with NPHET winding down, god knows who these people will vent their anger towards , this said the CMO going nowhere (thank heaven's).

The only concern I'd have is a possible free for all in some settings, I'm a little unsure of the 100% return of public transport and whilst I've no particular concern at indoor live events, 75% capacity is not going to happen.

There's no doubting there's going to be an increase in cases, the key is to hopefully keep hospital and ICU numbers down or at least manageable.

Hard to know what's going to happen, I still predict many retail and possible hospitality business failures and very soon and still believe 2021 lost, its all about 2022. Onwards and upwards 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Anyone know if I’ll have to wear a mask in school after October 22nd? Teacher not student.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

For 5 weeks only. Bit strange to implement vaccinated only measures now for a very short period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

MM has a certain authenticity that LV will never have. Good speech. I just hope the plan can progress but I fear the virus will make fools of us all again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Odds on NPHET swooping a couple of weeks before the 22nd of October for one last dance? Ain't no way the boys are going to ride off into the distance without a fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It sounds like the deal to the entertainment industry to open on Monday just like what NPHET said to them about indoor dining!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

So last year we couldn't go more than 2km from home, and all the other draconian measures, but no masks in any shops.

Now they claim all other restrictions will be gone, nightclubs and pubs back to 2019, but we'll still have to wear masks in the supermarket with no end date given.

It's like they can't leave go without one last act of brainlessness.

I mean when they're implementing new legislation and extending existing legislation, it doesn't sound like they plan to remove it.

I don't think there's even a requirement to wear a mask outdoors ATM and yet theyre telling us they'll remove that.

Sounds like cinemas are now included for the vaccine passes despite them not to to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Naw, the government need them gone so they can blame everything on them with no opportunity for retort before the next election.

Outside is still loosely advised as where you can't distance. I don't know if that made it into legislation. I think I heard some advice about the All-Ireland semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

What will be the Rules for Masks after 22nd October?

Required on Public Transport and in Shops.

What about Offices ? Schools? Other workplaces ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

If it is the wish of someone to wear a face-mask in any setting I do not see why it is anybody else`s business. Likewise if a premises wishes to have a screen or a stipulation that they require masks to be worn on their premises.

My point was in relation to varied health and safety requirements pre Covid of many businesses with which you were expected to observe while on their premises. If you did not like them, then you were quite free to go elsewhere. If they gave you short shift and refused to deal with you for none-compliance then that was their prerogative. I really do not see with screens or masks where it should be any different.

Jesus wept, watching the press conference, why is Eamonn Ryan at this events, he's completely out of his depth, useless, just embarrassing.

According to citizens information, masks outdoor is a recommendation. They have a complete separate section for what is law.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Face nappies? I suppose it depends on how much shite you speak doesn't it lol

• Advertisement

Yeah, but still public health advice to citizens. I'm guessing that's what he means.

Quite curious, no legislation re need for vacinne certs for outdoor events, Good faith being suugested so basically no proof of Vacination required for outdoor events, I presuming this is based on high number of population vacinated.

As it stands, healtcare, Retail, public transport only, schools being reviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭godzilla1989

Yeah

Man plans and nature laughs

MM is a terrible leader, but he does seem a decent guy.

It won't be his fault if nature **** us again this winter

Well no, as the gov.ie site says

From 22 October onwards, final restrictions will be lifted including:

requirements for mask wearing outdoors and in indoor private settings

And from anything I can see those requirements don't even exist ATM. A recommendation or a guideline is not a requirement (think they used that as an excuse for the Merrion shite themselves)

Did I hear earlier, secondary schools staggering a return but primary schools fully back and open 🤔

That's good, makes no sense of course like most they do. The indoor law was reported to lapse on October 9th so wonder will they extend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭godzilla1989

If we are at over 600-700 in hospital and near 100 in ICU, it's very likely they will be looking for the last dance which is understandable.

Will that happen, i'm not sure.

Maybe the vaccine's are finally working, cases have dropped last few days and hospitals looking at the admissions don't look too bad, but schools opening, colleges back, boosters not out yet for nursing homes, waning vaccines, Israel looking a mess

Anything can happen, no one knows for sure either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Sitting here thinking the plan had been held for 2 weeks when we see the impact of schools returning.

Then again, been a while since we have had some solid dates.

90+% in over 18's is good to see.

Advertisement