Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

TefalBrain wrote: »
    You wouldn't link to their email would you, even just PM me please. I'm absolutely raging today as my daughter's job is now closing because of yesterday's decision and i'd like to let them know my feelings. Thanks.

All details available here https://www.whoismytd.com/constituency/cork-south-central

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

TefalBrain wrote: »
    You wouldn't link to their email would you, even just PM me please. I'm absolutely raging today as my daughter's job is now closing because of yesterday's decision and i'd like to let them know my feelings. Thanks.

michael.mcgrath@oireachtas.ie

micheal.martin@oireachtas.ie

donnchadh.olaoghaire@oireachtas.ie

simon.coveney@oireachtas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

Actually cannot believe a word Donnelly says. Spin merchant prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

You just have to bring the person who is going to administer the vaccine to the pub with you. If he/she is vaccinated, ye can share a pint at the door.

Thanks, better than vaccine apartheid ****e being touted yesterday. At least this way I can still have a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Donnelly is really not with it. He is constantly all over the place, and he is so utterly incoherent and inconsistent.

A toilet brush would be of more use to gather information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Are Christenings allowed to go ahead?

Yes, there is a fairly significant chance babies can catch evil if not baptised. We got our child baptised twice just to be sure and I'm still convinced there's a bit of devil still in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    NPHET modelling that 90% of us will be dead by then so we should be ok from a social distancing point of view.

I did laugh at this first and then thought wait a second, I might check as maybe NPHET might have said that! Says it all really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I work in retail and I've lost all fear of the virus. Been working whenever we were able to open and at this stage, I'm confident I'll end up catching this variant. I'm 29 and am at low risk of getting sick with this. Might be a good thing.

So we lockdown initially to protect the elderly and vulnerable, now the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated and they get to live the high life indoors while the ones to sacrificed everything in order to protect them have to sit outside like the great unwashed in case it spreads to who exactly? In what world does that make any sense. Riddle me that

My neighbours came back from a 2-week holiday in Spain yesterday. They are in thier 70's and had a great time. I asked them how they got on at the airport and they said they they had some documentation printed off about their apartment and were going to tell the Guard that they needed to carry out some repairs if they were questioned - they were waved through.

I thought it was so ironic on the day that young people are being told, yet again, that they need to put their social lives on hold to 'protect lives', that the older demographic can jet off for a sun holiday.

Don't get me wrong - my neighbours were dead right to get away but it makes such a mockery of this bullsh;t that NPHET and the cowards in Government are carrying on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

And they'll have 60k in a week's time.

They're actually living with covid like most sensible countries.

Almost 60 sensible countries have the UK on their banned list.

Unfortunately we share a small island with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Boggles wrote: »

Boggles, the horse is long dead. Stop beating it.

Boggles, the horse is long dead. Stop beating it.

You better inform those 60 odd countries so.

You may need to explain how you know better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Non political peaceful protest @12 on Saturday at the GPO seems to be doing the rounds in twitter. I'll definitely be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What will we tell all the countries in the world with indoor dining open? ie the vast majority

You're going to have your work cut out for you in this thread since the announcement lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

D.Q wrote: »
    Non political peaceful protest @12 on Saturday at the GPO seems to be doing the rounds in twitter. I'll definitely be there.

Hashtags?

What will we tell all the countries in the world with indoor dining open? ie the vast majority

I wouldn't presume to tell them anything.

If they have banned the UK from travel I imagine it was done for sound reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

D.Q wrote: »

Id love to go but i cannot bear to be associated with the crazies who will turn up and be the loudest garbage spewing idiots at it eg she who cannot be named

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

Does anyone think it's possible for the Govt to do a U-turn on this amid the backlash? Maybe delay indoor dining til July 19 and scrap the 2 tier system?

Does anyone think it's possible for the Govt to do a U-turn on this amid the backlash? Maybe delay indoor dining til July 19 and scrap the 2 tier system?

I don't think Micheál would dare lol

• Advertisement

With the housing crisis and approaching pensions timebomb, the youth of this country have very little to look forward to other than a lifetime of punitive taxes and either living with their parents into their 40's or paying exorbitant rent for a shoebox apartment.

Who in their right mind will decide to make their lives here - the hardest working and best-educated will emigrate.

The future for this country looks bleak IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

We can but hope
    I don’t think it’s out of the question tbh
    Anything is possible with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

The Taoiseach has already spoken about this issue on his official Twitter account this morning :D

https://twitter.com/IrlCovid19/status/1410145515115778048

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Worth having a look at is states in the USA that have dropped pretty much all restrictions.

Yesterday was very depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭mcgragger

dmakc wrote: »
    Actually cannot believe a word Donnelly says. Spin merchant prick.

and totally anonymous since he took the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭mcgragger

Not while Hitler Holohan is in Charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I don't think Micheál would dare lol

Tony would just kick him in the arse again to remind him who’s boss

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I think the tide has finally turned and people are really pissed off at the carry on this time, hopefully if enough contact our actual elected officials something might change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

You have zero credibility on this forum and it's blatantly obvious what your game is so there's absolutely no chance I'll be engaging with your nonsense.

Have a nice day.

Advertisement