Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

MOR316 wrote: »
    Simon Harris says they'll open...He's the minister and he would want to show some backbone!
    NPHET have no right to be making those kind of decisions! Disgusting shower!

Harris was one the most fawning of NPHET. I remember a radio interview from last year, practically shouting
    "...and we absolutely will be bound by public health advice"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Tell a 20 year old, perfectly fit, at virtually zero risk of illness, why they "need" to get vaccinated. You'll be forcing them to wear an armband next.

To make the vaccinated vulnerable feel safer whilst they’re out doing all the more risky fun stuff in life. Happy for the young at no risk to have their freedom curtailed.
    This has shown what a generation of utterly selfish, me feiners the Irish over 50s are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭MOR316

OwenM wrote: »
    Harris was one the most fawning of NPHET. I remember a radio interview from last year, practically shouting

He's another tosser anyways

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

In regard to the passports (which won't happen). When do NPHET propose ending it? 3 months time, 6 months? A year?

What happens in a year's time, will restaurants/pubs start turning away people if they forgot their little card? Not a chance.

And will there be extra restrictions for those who haven't had their booster jab in 1-2 years. It's unworkable bollox

Considering that Ireland isnt even able to have the DCC system in place (as the other 26 EU member have done) with 2 months notice I cant see them getting any type of "green pass" system in place before the end of July.

Israel had a green pass in place for bars,cafes and restaurants. But they scrapped it after 3 months once ICU numbers and daily death had plummeted to single digits. By that point business and individuals stopped caring about the pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

OwenM wrote: »
    They weren't on mandatory quarantine, time and again they said no to NPHET and were proved right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,354 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

NPHET could easily manipulate figures to prove their point

Who's going to be standing up to them ? Nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Multipass wrote: »
    To make the vaccinated vulnerable feel safer whilst they’re out doing all the more risky fun stuff in life. Happy for the young at no risk to have their freedom curtailed.
    This has shown what a generation of utterly selfish, me feiners the Irish over 50s are.

Ugh... WHO CARES.... I've had it with restrictions to protect someone else... I have ZERO interest in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Fair play to you. More of us regular folk need to demand much much more from our elected politicians

Sadly it doesn't seem to have done anything. Very easy to see how people become apathetic towards politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

charlie14 wrote: »
    Even Philip Nolan would be correct in pointing out that a bucket that leaks 50% of water was not fit for purpose.

If your boat was sinking you would still use that bucket to bail out some water, rather than sit there doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

& I presume people from other jurisdictions (such as Northern Ireland) would be exempt

Very good point - hadn’t considered that..

System will have to be digital and linked to travel cert then for sure.

Means a mobile app/scanners in hospitality. And rolled out to all hospitality before 19th July.
    Not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Question: What are the consequences for NPHET if their modelling is wrong??

Answer: Zero for NEPHET but huge consequences for the publican's, hospitality sector, small business, mental healt and the freedom/liberty of the youth of this country.

I would love to see businesses sue NEPHET for loss of business when all this is over..everyone can see that their modelling is so catastrophically wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

jakiah wrote: »
    The LOI trials were a success, they have increased allowed attendance by 100 people.

One hundred.

Would you even get 100 people at a LOI match ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,028 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Listening to Leo this morning the depressing fact is, this is not a 2 or 3 week delay, this is a 2 or 3 week delay until they figure out what the next step is. He mentioned September this morning and that Mark cagney **** over everything nphet said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Question: What are the consequences for NPHET if their modelling is wrong??

Answer: Zero for NEPHET but huge consequences for the publican's, hospitality sector, small business, mental healt and the freedom/liberty of the youth pf this country.

And when COVID is over, NPHET will be hailed as saviours.

Why is hospitality considered one uniform block?

For instance: cafes and restaurants do not need to be fully jam packed inside to operate safely and effectively.

This isn't the same with pubs, which cram as many people inside as possible.

There were ways, at least, where some hospitality could have reopened safely and more risky hospitality delayed.

I'd rather the whole lot be reopened but they could at least have taken a partial approach rather than kicking the entire industry into the long grass yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Would you even get 100 people at a LOI match ?

RTE news did a comparison between Denmarks full stadium and LOI Stadiumsa couple of days ago, giving public health reasons why we can't have 25,000 at a game. What world the reporter was on I don't know.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Listening to Leo this morning the depressing fact is, this is not a 2 or 3 week delay, this is a 2 or 3 week delay until they figure out what the next step is. He mentioned September this morning and that Mark cagney **** over everything nphet said.

Stopped reading there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

For instance: cafes and restaurants do not need to be fully jam packed inside to operate safely and effectively.

There were ways, at least, where some hospitality could have reopened safely and more risky hospitality delayed.

I'd rather the whole lot be reopened but they could at least have taken a partial approach rather than kicking the entire industry into the long grass yet again.

Absolutely no idea, it's crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Elessar wrote: »
    Everyone is aware that indoor dining won't be happening before the schools go back right?

The vaccine passport for the elites isn't going to work and if it ever does it will be a complete shambles.

Protecting the schools will be the next priority. This is clear as day from the NPHET letter.

We should be marching in the hundreds of thousands on leinster house.
    And the problem is, even if indoor dining comes back in September, then we are heading into autumn and traditional flu season, so I can't see it staying open for long - if it opens at all.

shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,450 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

MOR316 wrote: »
    Stopped reading there

You only had five more words to read, why not finish it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Ugh... WHO CARES.... I've had it with restrictions to protect someone else... I have ZERO interest in them

The restrictions are mainly to prevent the hospitals being over run. COVID isn't the only illness and over 50's aren't the only ones to get it and suffer badly from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

If all these things came as such a last minute shock to government, it really does beg the question what the hell have they been doing all year?? Where are all the contingency plans they surely should have been planning?

They clearly thought this would all blow over with vaccines and summer arriving, but now must be sh*tting themselves they’re about to be found out for the useless, incompetent, short-sighted fools they are.

I’ve emailed my TDs (2x cabinet ministers included) today expressing my disgust, not that I expect to hear back. They’ll never get a vote from me or my family again however.

You only had five more words to read, why not finish it out?

I haven't had my Mark Cagney vaccination yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

Absolutely no idea, it's crazy

But isn't that because the publicans whinged so much last year about restaurants being able to serve alcohol, and we had the €9 meal thingy and then this year they decided everyone was to be the same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭timmyntc

eskimohunt wrote: »

And how shall we differentiate between the two?
    A €9 meal perhaps? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Eivor wrote: »
    That’s what we thought in March last year. 15 months later they don’t seem so temporary

Well yes a lot of restrictions are already gone. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with certain ones - do you really expect there to be no restrictions at all atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

The week before the indoor pubs meant to open they announce that in order to enter a pub a proof of vaccination system they haven't even started to develop yet must be one of the most historic shifting of goalposts of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

gozunda wrote: »
    Well yes a lot of restrictions are already gone. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with certain ones - do you really expect there to be no restrictions at all atm?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Widescreen wrote: »
    COVID isn't the only illness

If only Meek Martin and his NPHET bosses knew that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If all these things came as such a last minute shock to government, it really does beg the question what the hell have they been doing all year?? Where are all the contingency plans they surely should have been planning?

They clearly thought this would all blow over with vaccines and summer arriving, but now must be sh*tting themselves they’re about to be found out for the useless, incompetent, short-sighted fools they are.

I’ve emailed my TDs (2x cabinet ministers included) today expressing my disgust, not that I expect to hear back. They’ll never get a vote from me or my family again however.

Yeah I am going to email tonight, it's a shambles

Advertisement