Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

funnydoggy wrote: »
    "Good afternoon ****,

I wish to acknowledge your email to Minister Simon Coveney T.D regarding the restrictions for indoor dining, announced yesterday, and housing. The Minister has asked me to confirm that he has noted your genuine concerns here and will, of course, relay same to his Cabinet colleagues for consideration.

Kind regards,
    Catherine

Catherine O’Donoghue

Office of Simon Coveney T.D
    Minister for Foreign Affairs & Minister for Defence"

Hooray for not getting an automated response!

EDIT: Although it may have been automated as I didn't say anything about housing :pac:

Ya, that's automated (or copy and paste ) as I got the exact same one from Coveney.

I got a response from O Laoghaire too although can't figure out if that one is copy or paste or not. It was a lot longer at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

We have less freedom and more restriction then we had 365 ago with 4m vaccines administered

Did you really expect that a year ago?

Maybe not expected but I suspect desired

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Mother of god.. all we need now is Leo to chime in lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Incompetent baffoons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Talk about a joke shop.

Is there a word that combines being shocked and not surprised all at the same time.?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A shambles is too kind of a term to describe the last few days

Something needs to be done but it won't. I emailed all the locals TDs in my area.

Vaccine isn't getting us out of this like other countries did/are

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

From what I can tell this could be the straw that breaks the publics back, I thought last year and the pubs being kept closed until September would be that straw but I've never seen it as bad since yesterdays announcement

There is, of course an easier way

The VFI, LVA and all other pub (and hotel) groups should close on Monday in solidarity

Stick all the staff back on the PUP and let the govt decide if it is still a good call

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Incompetent baffoons.

I think it's cowardice, which is worse.

They know exactly what is being done to the country as a result of their actions and inactions and they are still doing it anyway, knowing that they will be insulated from the fall out.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

the kelt wrote: »
    Talk about a joke shop.

Is there a word that combines being shocked and not surprised all at the same time.?

Shonoprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Looks like the music "test event" at Kilmainham will be about as much fun as living on a battery farm. Literally caging people into pens. I expect posters will still defend this nonsense no doubt.

How is it a "test event" if you don't test the conditions in which events will happen in the future, but do your own custom setup that is unrealistic for future events ? What will it prove ? It is just an event to buy a few weeks and be able to say that something was done in June and July

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Independent TD's call for rally outside Leinster House

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1410228390829957125

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

From what I can tell this could be the straw that breaks the publics back, I thought last year and the pubs being kept closed until September would be that straw but I've never seen it as bad since yesterdays announcement

The VFI, LVA and all other pub (and hotel) groups should close on Monday in solidarity

Stick all the staff back on the PUP and let the govt decide if it is still a good call

Yeah but won’t happen,the few that are open are creaming it in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

zebastein wrote: »
    How is it a "test event" if you don't test the conditions in which events will happen in the future, but do your own custom setup that is unrealistic for future events ? What will it prove ? It is just an event to buy a few weeks and be able to say that something was done in June and July
    It's really about management of the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Fianna Fail TD's starting to ask questions

https://twitter.com/willieodeaLIVE/status/1410197295291944969

aziz wrote: »
    Yeah but won’t happen,the few that are open are creaming it in

They are mostly all open from what I can see... I wouldn't say any of them are milking it though.

Maybe I'm being sceptical but I think the publicans are the biggest "every man for himself" crowd in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Non-Political protest in Dublin on Saturday doing the rounds

E5ILZxeWEAkrEkF.jpg

RobitTV wrote: »

There is no dispute about the government position until yesterday. This has landed on them, with the ghost of Christmas past waving from the wings and they will not directly face down NPHET on this. This is why we are seeing the dance around alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Maybe a better picture

E5IQANkXMAAOrc8.jpg

Ok so is he going to vote against the govt on this? I don't think he will somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

In line with research in Scotland

A country open 2 months with primary AZ vaccine and not Pfizer and same health officials have not proposed any limitation of current opening

Please resign CMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Just to highlight this. Its within the Independent article but its the standout for me tbh

https://twitter.com/RobOHanrahan/status/1410262975018057728?s=19

I'll bet George Lee won't retract his defence of the modelling

Frightening that Martin told cabinet one thing and Holohan told the opposition another

That models use has lasted less than 2 days yet its caused such harm

zebastein wrote: »

A test should be just that. Testing real world outcomes but in a measured manner. These pens are useless. Maybe that's what's in store for our new normal.

Ok so is he going to vote against the govt on this? I don't think he will somehow
    Like every other TDs he's probably getting stick all over. Twitter has been on the boil about this since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Applying different restrictions to vaccindated and unvaccinated isn't discrimination, it's logical management of risk. I'm getting my 2nd shot on friday, my wife hasn't registered and won't for the foreseeable future as she has had previous bad experiences with some drugs and vacs - but she will remain isolating until she has received a vaccine at some point. It's rational, safe, common sense and fair in that the only people paying the price for her delay is us.
    I'd actually be in favour as a compromise of allowing unvaccinated to receive the same restrictions as vaccinated if they sign a waiver for assistance with all related medical fees, not a cent of public money to pay for any complications related to covid if they get it. If you don't get the vaccine and stay in isolation without signing, no problem if by chance you are infected then the state continues to cover you, otherwise you live with the consequences of your choice to ignore well planned medical advice, I'm not going to do that for you. And for all of you that will no doubt jump on this with the usual 'sheep'/'crazy'/'you don't understand the pressure'/'bow down to bill gates and the vaccine chip overlords' comments if you are right you have nothing to lose by something like this so why even object? I mean it's not like you're just happy to take a risk when someone else has to help pay for it, right?
    If they open indoor hospitality to the unvaccinated we will have another surge and a harder lockdown, and that cycle will continue ad-inifinitum. How does that help the hospitality industry at all? Partial opening to vaccinated provides an initially slower but long term growth of business back to sustainability and not just reactive bursts that are self damaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,450 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Opoosition parties are asking similar 'questions'. Upshot of it will be vaccine pass proposals are abandoned and there will be no reopening of indoor hospitality under any conditions for several weeks. Is that what Willie wants?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They should just open and dare the government to do something. Like we've been told our policing model is based on consent so let's have mass disobedience and challenge them.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I'll bet George Lee won't retract his defence of the modelling

Frightening that Martin told cabinet one thing and Holohan told the opposition another

That models use has lasted less than 2 days yet its caused such harm

And as it doesn't include the revised vaccine approach it isn't worth the paper it's written on. Already wildly out of date.

As numerous posters called out yesterday, these models are pure trash, yet are used to dictate decisions that affect millions of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Sent the following email to Michael McGrath, Simon Coveney and Micheal Martin. Thanks to whoever provided the template earlier.
    Deputy,
    As a constituent of Cork South-Central and voter in the 2020 General Election, I wish to express my dissatisfaction with you, and your party, for the quality of governance being provided.

My faith in the National Public Health Emergency Team being able to consider potential future scenarios that are within reasonable parameters is lost. Potential for over 700,000 cases and 2,000 deaths in 3 months from where we are now; inexplicable. Think of the sizes of towns and villages in Ireland to facilitate this level of transmission when vaccination, those with covid already, population dispersion and other restrictions such as WFH are in place. I can assure you that the numbers simply do not stack up. The fact that these numbers were even provided to cabinet in the first place is enough to deem NPHET unfit for purpose, in my opinion. What's the point in getting vaccinated if you, the government, tell the public that these scenarios will happen either way? There has been significant damage caused to the vaccination programme because of this.

In addition, watching government kite flying, spin and mismanagement over the last several days means I've also lost faith in the government's ability to effectively guide us out of this in a sustainable way.

The fact that no alternatives had even been considered, and you're at the mercy of last-minute decisions by NPHET, demonstrates how poorly you, as part of the government, is serving the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

CMO is quoting Scotland (coincidently the worst case numbers in EU) a country open for 2 months with primarily AZ vaccine With 12 week gaps as a comparison to Ireland with Pfizer heavy vaccines and indoor closed to project our future

Advertisement