Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Maybe a better picture

E5IQANkXMAAOrc8.jpg

ffs

vaccine coercion

very few people will want to be associated with anything anti vaccine

in fact the majority of people are fully engaged with the vaccine program and are shocked to see that they might as well not have bothered for all the good it's delivering in their lives. That's a long way from complaints about vaccine coercion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

lawred2 wrote: »
    ffs

vaccine coercion

It's not anti vaccine. Theres a bit difference between anti vaccine and anti vaccine coercion. If someone doesn't want to get it for any reason or they want to wait a bit, that's fine. They shouldn't be punished for that. What happened to my body, my choice that was huge here a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ffs

vaccine coercion

I hope that doesnt stop people going. I unfortunately can't.

My body my choice (and Im generally pro vaccine)

Just boo the nutters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I think it's time the CMO was brought to the knackers yard.

I would suggest something a bit more extreme but will get a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

titan18 wrote: »
    It's not anti vaccine. Theres a bit difference between anti vaccine and anti vaccine coercion. If someone doesn't want to get it for any reason or they want to wait a bit, that's fine. They shouldn't be punished for that. What happened to my body, my choice that was huge here a few years ago.

there's a very slim difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

From what I can tell this could be the straw that breaks the publics back, I thought last year and the pubs being kept closed until September would be that straw but I've never seen it as bad since yesterdays announcement

There is, of course an easier way

The VFI, LVA and all other pub (and hotel) groups should close on Monday in solidarity

Stick all the staff back on the PUP and let the govt decide if it is still a good call

Honestly can’t agree with this.

Yes some Low level grumbles, a lot of “we are this far, what’s another few weeks” and “thankfully they are listening to the experts” on my rounds today (north Kildare west dub)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ballynally

Jake1 wrote: »
    Same here, cant wait to go back. For me its De Pijp, cant wait to eat my way up and down the market.

oh to travel again...

Lived on the Govert Flinckstr. Parallel to the Albert Cuyp market f 250 euro a month, 3 bedroom apartment. In the 1990s before moving to ireland in 2002.Im off on july 22 if they let me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Tony Holohan knows it’s unworkable.

But now he will just say “well I did give you a chance to open up, your fault”

And no one will dare question!

Only thing they are interested in is cash money

Always was, always will be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

there's a very slim difference

This is like saying that being pro choice for abortion, is similar to being anti abortion. They are not one bit similar.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fun times ahead every fun times but people need to keep the pressure on the government more and more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Sent the following email to Michael McGrath, Simon Coveney and Micheal Martin. Thanks to whoever provided the template earlier.

Just emailed my local Government TD as well - I will see what comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Ehm is that not what feeds their children and pays the bills? Literally everyone is only interested in money, the world revolves around it

Ehm is that not what feeds their children and pays the bills? Literally everyone is only interested in money, the world revolves around it

There’s a more fundamental thing and it’s called public health

Make no apologies for prioritising it over money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

It's extremely hard to run a successful business without it .. believe it or not

mightyreds wrote: »
    It's extremely hard to run a successful business without it .. believe it or not

Would rather be up than 6 feet under the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Murph85 wrote: »
    Whatever about drinking, why the hell is smoking still permitted in pubs and clubs. It should be totally banned on private premises... spending billions to avoid a handful of deaths and complicit in the deaths out thousands a year from smoking... hundreds die in Dublin every year prematurely from crap air quality...

Have you gone back in time to 1998?

You're going to have some laugh when you find out which politician gets around to banning smoking in pubs....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The most infuriating thing to me is that other countries are doing everything possible to open things up by using antigen tests etc, while we seem intent on doing all we can to keep things closed. Why?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I hope that doesnt stop people going. I unfortunately can't.

My body my choice (and Im generally pro vaccine)

Just boo the nutters

The problem is that "the nutters" will be the ones with megaphones and anti-vaxx, anti-mask, anti-5G, "covid is a hoax" and "rte is the real virus" banners.

Just emailed my local Government TD as well - I will see what comes back.
    Same here. 3 of my local TDs are in Govt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Wasn’t it you who was going on yesterday about going back to work despite there being a pandemic because you needed the money?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 cluelessbuyer9

The most infuriating thing to me is that other countries are doing everything possible to open things up by using antigen tests etc, while we seem intent on doing all we can to keep things closed. Why?

We're the guinea pigs to see what governments can get away with. EU own us and know we are the weakest country in the Western world.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And yet they are rejecting tools used successfully elsewhere and want to block the use of PCR for travel.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

speaking of nutters
    We're the guinea pigs to see what governments can get away with. EU own us and know we are the weakest country in the Western world.

If the EU own us and we are so weak its a bit odd that we arent toeing the EU line as regards economy re-opening........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Despite Scotland recording 2000 cases today they are not going to change anything because Hospital admissions are so low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

There's also the fact they're based on opening 5th July which obviously isn't going to happen. Modelling with opening 19th July plus the extra vaccines would make a huge difference. I know its only 2 weeks but it makes a big difference as all over 45 should have 2 doses and over 35 one dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

ffs

vaccine coercion

in fact the majority of people are fully engaged with the vaccine program and are shocked to see that they might as well not have bothered for all the good it's delivering in their lives. That's a long way from complaints about vaccine coercion

Vaccine only passes (not testing) for entry into indoor hospitality, indoor services and to be able to fly as the CMO proposes IS vaccine coercion.

I have had both doses and am not anti-Vax but I do have a problem with the above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 cluelessbuyer9

Would rather be up than 6 feet under the ground

You must be a government shill or a troll.

Seriously, everyone and their cousin knows this "pandemic" is not anywhere near as dangerous as it's made out to be by the media.

The biggest symptom is no symptoms after all and the survival rate for those without an underlying illness is 99.997%. The flu was always a threat to those with aliments, this is no different.

I'd bet more people have died from suicide since March 2020 than actually from the "virus" . Note i said from the virus, not died after being diagnosed with the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Emailed all my local TDs and a few ministers registering my dissatisfaction with their blind acceptance of NPHET's whacky numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,450 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Tony Holohan's response

VlQGHzI.gif

Advertisement