Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Non-Political protest in Dublin on Saturday doing the rounds

E5ILZxeWEAkrEkF.jpg

Non political and Vaccine Coercion? hmmmm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

There are weather models run every day

If government followed and placed their risk assessment against most extreme model we would literally have orange and red warnings every day of the year

NEPHET have washed their hands of interpretation of their data and let politicians freak out over the extreme cases

We need government to acknowledge their mistake here

Yes there is a 1% chance we’ll be in the crap in October but there’s a 80% chance we’ll be grand and a 19 odd percent chance things won’t be good but will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

You must be a government shill or a troll.

Seriously, everyone and their cousin knows this "pandemic" is not anywhere near as dangerous as it's made out to be by the media.

The biggest symptom is no symptoms after all and the survival rate for those without an underlying illness is 99.997%. The flu was always a threat to those with aliments, this is no different.

I'd bet more people have died from suicide since March 2020 than actually from the "virus" . Note i said from the virus, not died after being diagnosed with the virus.

Not a shill or a troll

Simply someone from the silent majority

With vulnerable family and friends

That’s all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

lawred2 wrote: »
    ffs

vaccine coercion

very few people will want to be associated with anything anti vaccine

in fact the majority of people are fully engaged with the vaccine program and are shocked to see that they might as well not have bothered for all the good it's delivering in their lives. That's a long way from complaints about vaccine coercion

If everyone nit-picks every little piece of small print on any protest, no-one will ever want to go to any protest and so nothing will happen.
    Instead everyone should go and make their own point heard.
    The organisers have made it clear they are not left or right or politically connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

The most infuriating thing to me is that other countries are doing everything possible to open things up by using antigen tests etc, while we seem intent on doing all we can to keep things closed. Why?

Nanny state.

Tony is trying to protect us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Looks like the music "test event" at Kilmainham will be about as much fun as living on a battery farm. Literally caging people into pens. I expect posters will still defend this nonsense no doubt.

Will they? Or us that just some kind of cheap swipe? But no matter. Personally wouldn't be my idea of a concert - but going by the numbers at the other events claiming they had a great time on social media- I won't begrudge them that. It takes all sorts and etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

TomTomTim wrote: »
    This is like saying that being pro choice for abortion, is similar to being anti abortion. They are not one bit similar.

that's not even close to being a metaphor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Restaurants Association geezer was on RTE. He comes across as another craven man throwing out buzz words with nothing behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

If everyone nit-picks every little piece of small print on any protest, no-one will ever want to go to any protest and so nothing will happen.
    Instead everyone should go and make their own point heard.
    The organisers have made it clear they are not left or right or politically connected.

It's not really small print though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

The most infuriating thing to me is that other countries are doing everything possible to open things up by using antigen tests etc, while we seem intent on doing all we can to keep things closed. Why?

Simply because of The whims of one egotistical civil servant with a dodgy professional past who has gotten too used to the power and celebrity being afforded to him by one of weakest government in the history of this nation.

I ignored previously all the conspiracy theories about Tony being obsessed with the power and celebrity afforded to him but the longer this goes on the more I wonder.

He has the government of the day literally puppet like dangling by a string to be played however he wants and a subservient media with no desire to question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The biggest symptom is no symptoms after all and the survival rate for those without an underlying illness is 99.997%. The flu was always a threat to those with aliments, this is no different........

Are you sure its not 98.88%?
    Because thats what Health Freedom Ireland are saying. Or are you with those splitters "Anti-lockdown Ireland"?

Dont forget to blame the Gates/Soros schills as well.
    We love the limelight

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Responder XY

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

The Restaurants Association geezer was on RTE. He comes across as another craven man throwing out buzz words with nothing behind it

He comes across as another one with no spine - he could have called on all his members and the Vintners etc to picket the Dail this weekend.

If I was in his position I would have put the gun to the governments head and said open by the 5th or we will bring Dublin to a standstill.

That's what this country needs - someone with a spine to stand up to these incompetent idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I hope NPHET don't over-react to the heatwave in Canada, or we won't be allowed outdoor dining at all next.

It'll be like the time Mr.Burns wanted to block out the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

the kelt wrote: »
    Simply because of The whims of one egotistical civil servant with a dodgy professional past who has gotten too used to the power and celebrity being afforded to him by one of weakest government in the history of this nation.

I ignored previously all the conspiracy theories about Tony being obsessed with the power and celebrity afforded to him but the longer this goes on the more I wonder.

He has the government of the day literally puppet like dangling by a string to be played however he wants and a subservient media with no desire to question.
    OK, there are 38 of them on NPHET and the CMO does not have the expertise to make models.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭Blut2

https://twitter.com/marktigheST/status/1410158673486307331?s=19

This is pretty shocking, really puts our current restrictions in context.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

is_that_so wrote: »
    OK, there are 38 of them on NPHET and the CMO does not have the expertise to make models.

True.

Looking at the figures, do any of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's not really small print though

You just wait for the perfect protest for you then that suits exactly your gripes.
    You'll be waiting a long time and you'll have tiny attendances.
    We need catch all type protests to get a bigger attendance like you see in London every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

They've done some amount of climbing down today already

"In a meeting with industry representatives on Wednesday afternoon, the Government delegation led by Taoiseach Micheál Martin, told representatives of the hospitality industry they were expecting new data from the UK on deaths and hospitalisations associated with the highly transmissible variant.

If they are lower than the Nphet modelling – which predicted 800,000 cases and 2,000 deaths by winter under a worst-case scenario – then an earlier return to indoor dining and drinking that currently envisaged could occur.

A date as early as July 19th was mentioned at the meeting, according to sources who are familiar with its discussions.

It is also understood that publicans and restaurant groups were told that the vaccine certificate for indoor dining may never be needed, but that the Government feels it would be useful to develop it in case the Delta variant has a more detrimental impact than expected."

https://twitter.com/IrishTimes/status/1410290753822150660?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Be interesting to see what emerges. Judging by this, the government seem keen to push on with its original plan without the add on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Only thing they are interested in is cash money

Always was, always will be

At a time when it's sorely needed?

Oh man, say it ain't so..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

is_that_so wrote: »
    Be interesting to see what emerges. Judging by this, the government seem keen to push on with its original plan without the add on.

Given the fact that they're waiting for more UK data I'm wondering if government themselves even give the NPHET models any credibility now. If they were solid they'd stand behind them. They're clearly neither

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭JPCN1

You just wait for the perfect protest for you then that suits exactly your gripes.
    You'll be waiting a long time and you'll have tiny attendances.
    We need catch all type protests to get a bigger attendance like you see in London every weekend.

Agree. We are governed by our consent and I think huge swathes of the population have had enough of this bull****. Time to send that message.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

26,000 cases of Covid yesterday in U.K.

Hospitalisation reduced by 4

Does Any NEPHET ensemble Look like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Having sometime off...visiting a person who has not seen family since xmas..now sitting in the beautiful evening sunshine outside a pub..over looking the fun fair on the pier in Dingle.. what a beautiful safely relaxed place and people.
    Tog de bog e..unless you are emailing a TD ;)

speckle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I so can't wait for this to be confirmed and holohan disappears from the limelight with his gob****e predictions.
    Lost all credibility, if he ever had any.
    Still why we need the UK's data I don't know. Why not ****in Iceland as well then.
    Massive win for the country if we get rh government to back down.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

26,000 cases of Covid yesterday in U.K.

Hospitalisation reduced by 4

Does Any NEPHET ensemble Look like that ?

It never will look like that as long as nphet are in charge of modelling. 6 months ago I said that case numbers should be completely forgotten about and restrictions should be based on hospital numbers and deaths...and here we are still basing our restrictions on case numbers that "might" happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

This is just gold now

The CMO “struggled” to explain the rationale as to why unvaccinated young people can work in a pub or restaurant but can’t dine or enjoy a pint indoors, according to sources.

https://www.thejournal.ie/hospitality-antigen-testing-5481608-Jun2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Blut2 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/marktigheST/status/1410158673486307331?s=19

This is pretty shocking, really puts our current restrictions in context.

In life, you sometimes need to roll the dice. Be you an individual or government or civilisation, taking chances is key driver of our advancement and survival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I couldn't give a flying fück about your fact, but you've spent over a year drumming up tens of thousands of mainly sh1tposts in here, among them the most disingenuous posting I've seen on Boards in my time on the site. The situation we end up in now, you've been sneering anyone who opined such a situation could happen and labelled them as conspiracy theorists or loons just for fun, somehow escaping moderation all along the way. You are a disgrace to debate and as the other poster said, have zero credibility in this thread.

That sentence sums up a lot of this thread TBF.

Anyway it is 20 odd degrees out.

There is a pint or 6 with my name on them.

Have a good one.

Advertisement