Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The parody account of Tony Holohan on Twitter has been suspended. :pac: Rarely see that happening.

Funny, there is no issue with this one, in fact Tony himself even follows it

https://twitter.com/HolohanHuricane

E2-wVveXEAI45EU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the tide turning slightly and NPHETs projections are been questioned ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭beaz2018

I heard young people on newstalk today bitching and moaning about house prices, tax increases etc. Sorry but if you supported this nonsense from day 1 then you can’t cry about the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is the tide turning ?

Its turned

beaz2018 wrote: »
    There’s a petition on Twitter to remove cervical check from NPHET. I wonder will he live to regret this nonsense?

The problem is that if the government who are propping this chancer up, actually collapses, we have the looney left with zero covid waiting in the wings, who would give NPHET probably even more power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

So I have this straight, given the information earlier with Mehole stating the modelling did factor in changes to the vaccine rollout as advised by NIAC, when in fact it didn’t, did Mehole continue restrictions based on false information?

The problem is that if the government who are propping this chancer up, actually collapses, we have the looney left with zero covid waiting in the wings, who would give NPHET probably even more power

Look at the Dublin south poll. FG are going to eat up FF next time around. Leo knows full well Martin is taking the brunt of the blame for this ****show. SF won’t have enough for Gov when it comes to it.

So I have this straight, given the information earlier with Mehole stating the modelling did factor in changes to the vaccine rollout as advised by NIAC, when in fact it didn’t, did Mehole continue restrictions based on false information?

Well they are going to get an independent expert in to scrutinise the models

https://twitter.com/StonkMaster16/status/1410032535434891264

Look at the Dublin south poll. FG are going to eat up FF next time around. Leo knows full well Martin is taking the brunt of the blame for this ****show. SF won’t have enough for Gov when it comes to it.

That's a FG stronghold area anyway. In truth i cant see any party having a real majority. Like the rest of the world, we are fairly split.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well they are going to get an independent expert in to scrutinise the models

https://twitter.com/StonkMaster16/status/1410032535434891264

Philip Nolan be saying 'I like how holohez things'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That's a FG stronghold area anyway. In truth i cant see any party having a real majority. Like the rest of the world, we are fairly split.

The days of any party getting an overall majority in Ireland and in where it’s not FTTP systems aren't coming back for a while. I mean look at Israel and that mess with four elections in a very short space of time.

Philip Nolan be saying 'I like how holohez things'

Holonez has used his world renowned models to declare the best ping pong player of all time so he can't be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sorry, but granny is actually dead, she died in one of the nursing homes when Tony Holohan told everybody that it was fine to visit and that PPE was not needed.

Sure there was no PPE available back then so the expert advice was that it wasnt needed, convienently enough.

Anyway firing all the aul dears that were in hospital into the homes did the trick anyway, so granny was fooked even with PPE.

Expert advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I am happy that the Govt is taking appropriate advice from experts

Much prefer that than idiots winging it.

Don’t forget almost all the Cabinet have no medical qualifications and a number - for example Harris -don’t have 3rd level qualifications.

I’m happy that NPHET expertise is being utilised.

Didn't you say this exact same thing yesterday? Taking a pop at people without 3rd level education. This post is essentially a deference to authority. NPHET must be right despite the fact Tony admitted today their model takes no account of the vaccine plan over the next few weeks, but nope they are right. They are the "experts".

Tell me what qualifications Tony Holohan has in virology or epidemiology?

Is the tide turning slightly and NPHETs projections are been questioned ?

Looks like it
    https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1410311753544704007

Fair enough. Anyway, unless Holohan retires or something, it’s back to lockdown in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hardly. That mark mcsharry who will take any opportunity to have a go at Michael Martin. He’s the new version of John McGuiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I heard young people on newstalk today bitching and moaning about house prices, tax increases etc. Sorry but if you supported this nonsense from day 1 then you can’t cry about the bill.

Did they say they supported it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Chance for a heave ho and someone else to have it on their cv before Leaky takes over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Ah McSharry, the government TD that acts like he's in opposition strikes again.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Chance for a heave ho and someone else to have it on their cv before Leaky takes over.

I just don't see it happening.

A handful of TDs may rear their heads to oppose NPHET, but this will all blow over in a couple of days time.

Though how I wish I'd love to see Martin ousted.

Preferably the next Taoiseach will be an individual with an X-ray certified backbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Apparently Martin notified the opposition that AZ/J&J vaccine use in younger populations was included in NPHETs doom projections.

That turns out to be false. NPHET have confirmed today that the projections do not include the substantial increased vaccinations from AZ/J&J.

In other words, Martin based the decision to delay hospitality on false information.

Looks like claim is based on this tweet

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1410272784127778816?s=19

So apparently and allegedly. I can't find MM saying that tbh. Maybe he did or maybe him or the journo have it mixed up.

Thing is not sure how it stands up to a fact check - because the announcement by NIAC of AZ / J&J being made available to the under 40s was only reported on the 28/06/21. The same day the briefing letter of NPHET's recommendations was sent by the CMO to the Government. I would presume the models had been completed at that point and as the CMO stated didn't include the additional vaccines only just announced for the under 40s

Not the first time I've seen that Indo hack - tweeting 'he said / she said' type stuff that's nearly impossible to verify. You nearly think its for clicks or something ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Sorry, but granny is actually dead, she died in one of the nursing homes when Tony Holohan told everybody that it was fine to visit and that PPE was not needed.

Don't be questioning Tony.

He has single handedly saved us from one of the most dangerous viruses ever which mostly killed people above the age of life expectancy..

We need to give him the freedom of the City, build a statue, hell maybe even elect him president.

What we shouldn't be doing of looking at his past record ( that's a card) or questioning how he let Covid run riot in hospitals and nursing homes.

Good old Tony, he'll save us.

Nolan has a 36 tweet thread now on the modeling. “Throw enough detail at them, they won’t read it and will assume it’s right”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Dyr wrote: »
    Expert advice.

Health experts.

As long as you ignore the utter state of the HSE they were responsible for, the third world waiting lists, the growing cancer and mental health crisis, the nursing home scandals and of course the other scandal that dare not be mentioned on here.

Apart from all that though, they are the health experts and couldn't possibly be wrong again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Why is it we're getting our knickers in a twist over this exactly? Because the under 35's won't be able to go to a restaurant and sit inside for a few more weeks? Is that it?

That really doesn't seem like that great a sacrifice tbh.

The way some are going on here you'd swear that they'd announced that u35's were going to be in indefinite solitary confinement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

We need to give him the freedom of the City, build a statue, hell maybe even elect him president.

He wouldn't want it, he already has the power and it would probably mean a pay cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

McSharry was blasting away at Martin long before Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Nolan has a 36 tweet thread now on the modeling. “Throw enough detail at them, they won’t read it and will assume it’s right”

Kinda feels like he's damned if he does release it and damned if he doesn't...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Why is it we're getting our knickers in a twist over this exactly? Because the under 35's won't be able to go to a restaurant and sit inside for a few more weeks? Is that it?

That really doesn't seem like that great a sacrifice tbh.

The way some are going on here you'd swear that they'd announced that u35's were going to be in indefinite solitary confinement.

2/10

Advertisement