Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,252 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Show me where it says that pubs are closing at midnight Thursday and not reopening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭seanin4711

On the fence since the start of the pandemic re vaccine. I suppose some might say I am an antivaxxer as a consequence.

Witnessed videos coming out of Italy Dec 2019/Jan 2020- concerning absolutely.

Thinking more and more need to get vaccine to get back to be allowed to do normal things - was seriously considering it until requirement for booster.

If a double jab doesn't protect yourself and others ,it has very little in the ways of effectiveness.

NPHET will continue with the peak and trough narrative infinitum as we have flu season now on the back of covid resurgence, putting excess pressure on hospitals.

If the bottleneck is ICU capacity we are never getting out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nightclubs and pubs being blamed again. Did they have Data to support this?

Why would even bother being a publican anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

The thread title is a bit misleading today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Well Vaccines were doing fine until Delta came along, it has fooled everyone.

• Advertisement

Just read the news... FFS... I guess that chap that posts about our « joke shop » country and talks about his « vulnerable family members » will be out celebrating tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Society is going to start failing soon, people are really starting to turn on each other. We are supposed to be living with Covid. These measures can't be just incompetence from the government. . It has to be some sort of brainwashing and control attempt.. Its totally wrong how this is being managed..

But I will not be getting another booster and honestly the way this farcical government are doing things I wouldnt say Im in the minority based on what friends and family are saying

First - direct quote above from post I replied to.

Second - Vaccines prevent 60- 70% of infections in vaccinated individuals. And reduce ICU admissions by closer to 95%. Still. Without vaccines today we would have more than 12,000 cases per day and at least 400 people in ICU

Third - everyone who is old, living with a pre-existing condition or have a compromised immune system dont matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I mean delta came along before anyone had a chance to see did they wane, so you don't really know that. Also, doesn't really seem like a solution to give the exact same vaccine and hope it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Second - Vaccines prevent 60- 70% of infections in vaccinated individuals.

Source on this? Because data doesnt seem to back that claim up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

'Third - everyone who is old, living with a pre-existing condition or have a compromised immune system dont matter?'

Non sequitur.

Are these people still vulnerable after they've taken 3 vaccines? Why is that?

Are they in danger when they enter premises where the unvaccinated are barred with their three vaccines in their system? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Maybe not turning on each other, but turning on the government and ignoring advice. Nobody I've been speaking to, either friends or co-workers, are in agreement with any of the decisions Nphet or the government have made around this.

And those large multinationals which have had staff back in full time - I doubt they are going to be sending them home from Friday.

People have to live their lives and have been doing what's asked of them - but the end of that compliance is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

*sighs*

Here we go again. Clubs aren't 'on lockdown' they're under restricted hours (unworkable and unfeasible to open). Lockdown of a population is a restriction on movement, it's not closing a business.

NPHET's modeling, from memory, didn't extend to mid-November. They had various trajectories. IIRC, we pretty much followed the most optimistic one. So, in that case, NPHET were spot on.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Any one measure - masks, for instance - are meant to stop transmission.

Yet put all the measures together - masks, vaccines, distancing, banishing the unvaccinated behind a QR-code portcullis, early closures...and guess what?

Airborne virus gonna airborne.

So let's...blame the unvaccinated and get really angry at them. Pure detached scientific judgement /sarc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

We’ve had our lives torn asunder the last two years and have taken two vaccines already for those people. The third will do **** all else either. It’s constantly “the next thing” with you lot. The next 2 weeks, the next lockdown, the next restriction, the vaccine, the next vaccine, the new vaccine cert the booster etc

Enough is enough.

Loads of people in this very thread reckoned that the only reason we began opening up at the start of the summer was because we had run out of money.

I'll never admit that Gemma and John were right, unless they actually are. We'll have to wait until 2025 to see how that works out.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I mean we were told one of the great things about MRNA vaccines was how easy they could tweak them so maybe tweaking them to fight Delta in particular would be a useful idea. Taking the same vaccine that hasn't worked for transmission and expecting it to doesn't seem rational to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,316 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So what work is going on behind the scenes in the HSE to fix the hospitals ??

Nope just blame other industries and do nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Doubt the new measures will do anything.

People say they want to live with it, which is fair enough, but to do that do we stop admitting people to ICU so other services dont get affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It’s absolutely disgusting that they forced late bars and nightclubs to invest time and money into implementing a nonsensical online ticketing system at such short notice a bare fortnight ago, and now their investment is redundant because their opening hours have been curtailed to the point where if they open at all, they’d probably be doing so at a loss.

The goalposts will never stop moving.

We as a people do not exist to protect the HSE. The HSE exists to protect us.

We are being emotionally manipulated into believing we are personally responsible for protecting the hospitals, and what we are seeing now is yet another frantic ass covering exercise to distract us from government shortcomings. They just have to be seen to be doing something to placate whingers on Facebook, and are happy to screw over the livelihoods and freedoms of citizens in order to do so.

It’s clear that anything is preferable to taking some accountability for the complete and utter historical failure to manage the health service, and to admit they put all their eggs in the wrong basket when it came to managing the virus.

First excessive and lengthy lockdowns were the cure, then we put all our bets on the vaccination program. Now that it’s clear that the vaccine isn’t performing as well as first hoped, but they won’t admit that either.

Meanwhile we are in limbo with some people unable to earn a proper living for almost two years now.

These restrictions and lockdowns will undoubtedly cost more lives and destroy more futures in the long run than covid will. But in the meantime, round and round we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Nothing is meant to stop anything. All efforts are to reduce, masks reduce transmssion, so does social distancing, so does vaccinating (to various degrees depending on the immune system of the person and when they got vaccinated). The unvaccinated are restricted because they're taking up roughly 50% of the hospital and ICU beds that are dealing with COVID. Everyone is being targeted to recommend working from home still.

But you know this, you've been told this before.

It won't stop you posting more and more nonsense.

What is your grand plan?, pick 1

1. Let people die by not treating them
    2. Various types of restrictions

You won't pick either because it would undermine all your posting, so you'll squirm and run away from that simple binary choice (and within each choice there are various options but you won't even get that far).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I was not sure if I was going to bother getting the booster but I am 100% not getting it now.

Similar with a few friends that I have been talking to earlier.

People don't understand Quantitative easing because it is counterintuitive and the media don't explain it properly or honestly.

The world economy would have collapsed under a different monetary-economic system. It is not normal to shut down trade open-endley.

Could Charles Haughry or Jack Lynch have ordered pubs and cafes to close for 500 days (or whatever amount of time)? No they couldn't if they had wanted to unless it was some kind of large scale death-wish.

The QE system could be maintained for decades more but whether it will be, or be allowed to crash or be replaced is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

HSE obviously cant protect us so what's the solution.

Government doesnt have one

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭PicardWithHair

everyone who is old, living with a pre-existing condition or have a compromised immune system dont matter?'

Getting so tired of this utter bs argument.

How much more protection are they going to get now that they have their boosters ?

If this can't end now, don't you see it NEVER will ??

Unless they beef up the ICU system in Ireland (yeah right) every single winter will be like this.

It's amazing so many can't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

So clubs aren't on lockdown, they're just operating under restrictions that means they can't open...

My God!! 🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement