Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

He’s against antigen testing because it’s a “point in time test”

Isn’t that exactly what all tests are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

is_that_so wrote: »
    Ok breathe now! It's a lovely evening out!

Yeah I'm heading off training and will enjoy it while it's there.

Will probably be canned in a few weeks at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Yeah but you see, bolloxology doesn't work in a sensical way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Tony on the news just there giving it welly about how deadly this new variant is, scaremongering galore and then when asked about Delta’s new symptoms he says “yes people are experiencing a range of mild symptoms. I’d urge anyone presenting with typical cold like symptoms to get tested”

What do you even say. Actual lol.

At this stage I firmly believe they haven't just lost the dressing room, they've lost the whole country. Haven't spoken to anyone, young or old, in the last two days that agreed with what has happened in the last 48hrs. And the jealousy watching other countries doing their best to move on and allow citizens their freedoms is growing by the hour.
    I'm just staggered at how much power nphet actually wield.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

Hurrache wrote: »
    A couple of pages back, the UK has seen an increase with more vaccinated and less restrictions. People are also picking and choosing what countries they use in arguments on both sides.

If its Delta and Europe, then no one is picking and choosing - the UK is the test case, and the score is just about in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Continuous covid assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah you have to laugh

Publicans been told now basically 'nope your not opening indoors anytime soon'

We were predicting this earlier in the week and it was described as "Fiction".

August comes and it will be all about the schools.
    Cases go up because schools are back but the kids won't be vaccinated twice, so we gotta keep those cases down. October-November comes and the months are getting colder. We can't have what happened last year, we need to save Christmas. Cases go up anyway. Then they'll have to decide on Christmas.

Come January and the cases in 4 figures, the over 80s and vulnerable will need their booster shots. Then the over 60s will need their boosters. Hold Firm folks, 2 more weeks.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Of course the HSE Data hack will still be going and we'll have no idea how many people are actually dieing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭prunudo

At this stage I firmly believe they haven't just lost the dressing room, they've lost the whole country. Haven't spoken to anyone, young or old, in the last two days that agreed with what has happened in the last 48hrs. And the jealousy watching other countries doing their best to move on and allow citizens their freedoms is growing by the hour.
    I'm just staggered at how much power nphet actually wield.

Nobody gives a **** what they say anymore. Problem is the government and media are hanging on their every word.
    Rather than backing down they seem to have regrouped and come out stronger and more negative than ever Today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Some amount of doom from that briefing. 4.1m vaccine doses administered and less than a bus full of people in hospital, we should be in a brilliant place. Tony talking about restrictions/lockdowns and the need to protect return to school. Absolute doom merchants.

Cases go up because schools are back but the kids won't be vaccinated twice, so we gotta keep those cases down. October-November comes and the months are getting colder. We can't have what happened last year, we need to save Christmas. Cases go up anyway. Then they'll have to decide on Christmas.

Come January and the cases in 4 figures, the over 80s and vulnerable will need their booster shots. Then the over 60s will need their boosters. Hold Firm folks, 2 more weeks.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Of course the HSE Data hack will still be going and we'll have no idea how many people are actually dieing.

I thought it'd be August before the "protect return to school" talk would start but it's kicked off already. It was even in that letter sent to cabinet earlier in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Some amount of doom from that briefing. 4.1m vaccine doses administered and less than a bus full of people in hospital, we should be in a brilliant place. Tony talking about restrictions/lockdowns and the need to protect return to school. Absolute doom merchants.

Good news that a new group is being set up for antigen testing. Another group of people to pay out high salaries to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Does NPHET factor in how the restrictions they call for have affected mental health and the increase in severe cases in this area when they make their recommendations.
    I suspect the death toll from this is much higher than normal over the past year.
    I expect their modelling does not reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭riddles

This delta variant is there any information on the impact of it on teens medically speaking. Are people < 20 being hospitalised with it in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Wash, rinse, repeat.

You haven't described what exact date and time those are going to be announced and what colour tie MM will be wearing, so they must be fiction and next to impossible to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Vaccines would be our way out of it but not in Ireland our experts are not happy that it's only 95% protection

What are going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Eivor

Vaccines would be our way out of it but not in Ireland our experts are not happy that it's only 95% protection

What are going to do

Emigrate! I was offered a job in Sweden at the start of the week and I’m finding it hard to come up with reasons not to leave this country.

What is the wrong decision? To slow down the opening of indoor dining for 2.5 weeks? In the grand scheme of things it's not even in the same league of some of the decisions made to date in terms of impact on the population.

Many of the businesses affected by your "slowing down for 2.5 weeks" are now in their eighteenth month of being prohibited from operating.

Airily waving your hand and dismissing it as "just two more weeks" is complete mendacity.

These are people's lives. People's jobs. People's homes. People's businesses. People's families. People's pensions. People's futures.

That you people are wilfully ignoring that and trying to paint is as "lol yous are a bunch of drunks angry you can't have a pint for two weeks!" is gaslighting hundreds of thousands of people who've been lied to and led on for almost a year and a half.

Here's a challenge. Pick any indoor-only "wet bar" in Dublin. Any one of the hundreds. Your choice.

You're insistent that that bar will be open in two and a half weeks.

Pick your bar. If it's still banned from operating three weeks today, the 22nd of July - more than your "two and a half weeks", you donate €1000 to charity.

Put your money where your mouth is, or close the latter and give up the cheerleading lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

What are going to do

lockdown indefinitly or forever, or at least until the money runs out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Holohan is becoming increasingly unhinged. He is not in a fit state to be offering any sort of advice.

This country is on the brink of real trouble. We have a massive leadership vacuum and now we have an unhinged medical officer throwing his weight around the corridors of government.

We are ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

I would have been a sinn fein supporter since 1996 and admired their work on the peace process when every other main party just wanted to shut them up, but they kept going. I will now never support them looking at how their stance over the last 16 months. This is a party that if they had won the election would have had no problem in taking away a hell of a lot more of my rights than the shower that have been in there throughout all this. It does frighten me as to how quickly so many basic rights have tested from this virus, even thought ironically I would have agreed with most at the beginning but now I see how difficult it is to wrestle those powers back for elected people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

So, tell me tipp gunner, is there an acceptable level of death????

148 fatalities from collisions on Irish roads in 2020. Should we ban motor vehicles?

Is there an acceptable level of death??

What are going to do

That 95% "stat" that Nolan put out there is very worrying the more you think about it. If every man, woman and child in the country were vaccinated we'd still be told, "ah but 5% are still vulnerable, that's 250,000 people. We must protect them". There's no way out of this with the stuff coming out of NPHET members these last few days.

Michael Martin got a roasting last night at the FF parliamentary meeting.
    FF TD Marc MacSharry said he has “no confidence” in the Taoiseach or Health Minister Stephen Donnelly and that he was “appalled” by what he termed as the “utter incompetence of recent days”

Remember folks - NPHET always know better than the rest of Europe.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1410338765772623876

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Tony denies NPHET is anti Alcohol then proceed to praise himself on his anti alcohol stance then goes off on how the virus loves alcohol with all his anecdotes

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1410640086279000073?s=21

Tony denies NPHET is anti Alcohol then proceed to praise himself on his anti alcohol stance then goes off on how the virus loves alcohol with all his anecdotes

This guy is better than Jimmy Carr when it comes to comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I won't be convinced until every person at that table does a shot together live on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭shockframe

The virus loves alcohol. Seems to hate schoolkids.

Sure Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

He actually said on Tv

“If enough young people get COVID-19 Delta then someone somewhere will need to be hospitalized”

I agree. :cool:

Can arrange too. :D

• Advertisement

“If enough young people get COVID-19 Delta then someone somewhere will need to be hospitalized”

"Someone somewhere will need to be hospitalized"

Sweet Jesus, this is incredibly concerning!

Level 5 needed now.

Advertisement