Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

MOR316 wrote: »
    Is my friend going to be forced to take the AZ or J&J vaccine?

No one is "forced" to take any vaccine, but he might need to wait longer to get pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hurrache wrote: »
    You need to stop with your whitewashing bull****, it's pretty pathetic particularly if it's only yourself you're trying to convince.

Not trying to convince anyone so no need to throw your toys out of the pram.

Like everything else Covid related, people need to start making their own minds up and decisions based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, they will be opt-in only for under-40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

b0nk1e wrote: »
    And this is why it Ireland is going to be the only country with Covid restrictions years after everyone else has moved on with their lives.

Well the reality is we do still have a virus - the pubs won't open

Going on mass protests when we should keep basic distancing is a thing only a numpty could agree with.

I say the above with the expectation that restrictions end once we have vaccinated, but I do wonder will they pull the booster shot argument saying we need time to roll these out to the first vaccinated etc.

2 wrongs won't make a right - anyone planning protesting en masse is an eejit in my opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Mate of mine asking me this...They're 34 and can register from the 12th.

He doesn't want the AZ vaccine due to previous history with a bleed on the brain and they want to travel to America in winter but, they're currently not accepting people who take AZ.
    My friend wants the Pfizer or Moderna (spelling?)

As it stands it seems that J&J will continue to be distributed through pharmacies but will be opened up to over 18s. There will be a second portal for those over 18 who wish to avail of AZ once the second doses of over 60s are complete and the original portal for Pfizer/Moderna will remain in place and continue down through the age groups.

• Advertisement

Mate of mine asking me this...They're 34 and can register from the 12th.

He doesn't want the AZ vaccine due to previous history with a bleed on the brain and they want to travel to America in winter but, they're currently not accepting people who take AZ.
    My friend wants the Pfizer or Moderna (spelling?)

Pharmacies only have J&J and Pfizer or so i understand.

So he could try a GP (they have pfizer) or the pharmacy - explain the concern on travel - then I am sure they can assist - might have to wait a few extra weeks as they may be administering the one he doesn't want for a week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Could not agree more. I have been supportive to date, very supportive. 3 day visits home (all outdoor with distance and even masks) since it began. Didn't travel for xmas (as what happened seemed somewhat obvious to me), still not had a haircut as working from home, so on and so on.

Yet the fact the government did no planning in the background, seems their planning amounted to a few prayers that the covid gods be kind.

The lack of an aim, the lack of explaining the vaccine is not 100% so cases will never go away, the lack of clear communication that every opening step will see jumps in cases - hell the decision to base decisions on cases after us being told for so long its protect the at risk and hospitals.

All in all I sit here shaking my head - ranting on boards.

Mind you, I'll follow the nonsense - but it will be remembered in years to come. May FF be dissolved as an entity (I blame MM as man at the top and the dope Donnelly is a joke). It does make you realise a trained teacher isn't really qualified to run a nation.

I think this post sums up the hole we have found ourselves in.

Way too many people willing to just go along with stuff because the man on the telly tells them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Well the reality is we do still have a virus - the pubs won't open

Going on mass protests when we should keep basic distancing is a thing only a numpty could agree with.

I say the above with the expectation that restrictions end once we have vaccinated, but I do wonder will they pull the booster shot argument saying we need time to roll these out to the first vaccinated etc.

2 wrongs won't make a right - anyone planning protesting en masse is an eejit in my opinion..

There have been numerous large protests throughout the pandemic - not one has been traced to a covid outbreak.
    Outdoor gatherings are low risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

namloc1980 wrote: »
    According to the HSE dashboard of the people being admitted to hospital in the last 2 weeks there was only 1 day where 10 or more were admitted to hospital. Some days it's been as low as 2 and average around 6. Glynn is spoofing or else the HSE is lying.

If only our journalists had access to this information and could hold Glynn to account. Such a shame they are locked away by the government and can’t do their job.

Oh, wait.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Henry... wrote: »
    Just checking in

Is the Pandemic over yet ?

2 more weeks to flatten the curve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I'm sure its been asked before but were figures produced of the number of people in hospital because of covid and not just with covid?. Similarly deaths of people because of covid rather than with covid?

I think this post sums up the hole we have found ourselves in.

Way too many people willing to just go along with stuff because the man on the telly tells them to.

I mean the options are go mass protest - which i think is silly given that distancing is effective.

Beyond that - we have Gov lifetimes for a reason.

I'm sure its been asked before but were figures produced of the number of people in hospital because of covid and not just with covid?. Similarly deaths of people because of covid rather than with covid?

I think deaths are with and because of, not sure when it comes to the hospital cases. I imagine many are there due to covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Not sure about current numbers since they are so low, but when we had many more covid cases in hospital there was about a 30% rate of people who actually contracted it in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Protests over covid restrictions are not going to make a blind bit of difference tbh. These are temporary restrictions, the government will just let any protests happen because what's being protested about will be over eventually anyway.

It's not like they're going to suddenly go, "Yeah, some people are annoyed, so we're just going to open the pubs and to hell with the pandemic".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

seamus wrote: »
    Protests over covid restrictions are not going to make a blind bit of difference tbh. These are temporary restrictions, the government will just let any protests happen because what's being protested about will be over eventually anyway.

It's not like they're going to suddenly go, "Yeah, some people are annoyed, so we're just going to open the pubs and to hell with the pandemic".

Protests done nothing for Nurses tbf...

RTE and The Government will brand the protesters "right wing" and today's society will brush the protests off due to that.

Something needs to be done though...Irish people cannot keep bending over like this

I see Glynn has basically said he can't see indoor dining opening in July or August.

RTE and The Government will brand the protesters "right wing" and today's society will brush the protests off due to that.

Something needs to be done though...Irish people cannot keep bending over like this

Honestly the one thing I have done and would recommend is email the local TD's and state - you have lost my vote.

Politicians care more for self preservation than anything else on earth - enough of their supporters falling away will get the right reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Or like after the last protest.
    Leaving aside the morons involved in the violence, the Garda Commissioner went on the RTE news that night and told us all it had been jointly organised by the far left and the far right.
    Which as somebody with zero knowledge of it beyond what I saw on TV, still seems just a tad unlikely

I see Glynn has basically said he can't see indoor dining opening in July or August.

Wow thats some statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

They're going all in on their expectations of the severity of the Delta wave. If they're correct, plenty on here are going to have egg on their face - myself included. I think that's unlikely, but we'll see soon enough I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

seamus wrote: »

If they think that there's majority support, then they should. That's how democracy is mean to function. We've gotten so used to this bastardized version of democracy, where our masters decide our fate, and not the people, that it's very hard to get back to where democracy is meant to be.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They're going all in on their expectations of the severity of the Delta wave. If they're correct, plenty on here are going to have egg on their face - myself included. I think that's unlikely, but we'll see soon enough I suppose.

The UK CMO even more so who said there is no reason to delay "Freedom Day" on the 19th July when all remaining UK restrictions are lifted. Someone is horribly wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

"It's inevitable", "nothing we can do" etc. Absolutely depressing doom mongers is what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭jakiah

I fail to see how we wont be rolling back toward level 5 shortly with these predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Covid is Holohan's shot at redemption and by God he's going to use it for all it's worth, even it it means burning the whole country to the ground.

This country is infected with a deadly virus but it's sure as fcuk not Covid.

This is the 2nd post on the same lines from you about Tony Holohan

You really think that 1 man has the power to destroy the country ?

It's actually contradictory what you are saying about his "shot at redemption" and then "burning the country to the ground "

• Registered Users Posts: 15,254 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Instead they recommended it could open with proof of vaccination.

This is no different to Vardakars comments of we've 2 options, put this in place or just don't open and there's no date for reopening, could be September, who knows.

They'll put something in place around the EU cert one would assume. Far from ideal but if it's a case of open with that in place or not open at all, I can only see one outcome. How on earth anyone actually enforces it is the big question

• Advertisement

Did 80% of all adults have their first dose by the end of June? Remember there was a big hoopla about that in early may.

Advertisement