Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Is it just me or does it seem that NPHET are actually deliberately undermining the government lately? Late data, wrong data, baseless predictions, plastering themselves in the limelight again while whipping the media into a frenzy with headlines using words like tsunami and hurricane of destruction. Absolute bollixology and no answers at all from government except repeating what their NPHET masters tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Oh of course. Address your concerns to the chief shareholder - Minister for Transport Eamo

Eammon is a bafoon, and a temporary one at that. The DAA won’t listen to a word that tree hugging aviation hating narcoleptic clown has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Archeron wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it seem that NPHET are actually deliberately undermining the government lately? Late data, wrong data, baseless predictions, plastering themselves in the limelight again while whipping the media into a frenzy with headlines using words like tsunami and hurricane of destruction. Absolute bollixology and no answers at all from government except repeating what their NPHET masters tell them.

As someone said on this thread you can either be part of NPHET or a media star, not both. NPHET having media briefings is nonsense at this point and is just them inserting themselves into the limelight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

SAMTALK wrote: »
    That's nothing to do with what was posted though

I was referring to the shot at redemption and then the contradiction of burning down the country.

It has plenty to do with his judgement, his rash decision making and it’s the perfect example of his over cautious stance towards socializing.

People need to see that he is wrong about some things because in some peoples eyes he is infallible

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm sure its been asked before but were figures produced of the number of people in hospital because of covid and not just with covid?. Similarly deaths of people because of covid rather than with covid?

Hospital numbers with Covid has always been the way.
    Everybody gets tested before being admitted and if they test positive they are a hospital admission regardless of the reason of admission.

Obviously if they have Covid they are moved to a Covid Ward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Donnelly tells the Dáil that the outbreak in Waterford arose from an outdoor gathering at a pub.

Totally agree - IF there's a protest Saturday that isn't the usual anti vaxx stuff - everyone should tweet their support from their own locations, stand outside closed premises with out of work staff. We need to take a stand and fight back. History shows this will not end well for the Irish people with someone at the helm drunk on power. There is a major power vacuum within Irish Government - which Dr Tony and NPHET have been allowed to fill. The amount of propaganda not backed up by science in the newspapers and across radio over the last two days is sobering. This is far beyond a public health response - and this is not about public health anymore. If it was - we'd be following our peers with reopening looking at our vaccination levels.
    We're either going to live with this or we're not - time for the people to decide.

There is tomorrow at 12 at the GPO

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQuSSY0nPDL/

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Hospital numbers with Covid has always been the way.
    Everybody gets tested before being admitted and if they test positive they are a hospital admission regardless of the reason of admission.

Obviously if they have Covid they are moved to a Covid Ward.

Are they though? If I'm admitted for a cardiac procedure and test positive while in hospital, am I going to be moved to another part of the hospital where the expertise isn't on hand? Genuine question.

Lots of people have been infected in hospital while admitted for something else and many of them have to have been asymptomatic - so what am I now? - a covid patient or a cardiac patient?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Starting to think this is a coordinated offensive to push younger people to get vaccinated ASAP. Theres no other reason they can be on air all over the stations today coming out with these doom forecasts.

Whereas other countries (eg US) are incentivising young people to get vaccinated, here we are jointly scaring the older ages, whilst telling young people nothing will change or reopen further unless you get your vaccine.

Depressing really when you think about it. Genuinely feels like Catholic Church scandals all over again.

Its obvious this is what they are doing. Scare the sh*** out of people so they will take the jab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Quags

The "Delta" variant has a case fatality rate of 0.1% (Public Health England, 11 June 2021).

The true infection fatality rate is lower than this.

Common symptoms are said to include a headache, sore throat and runny nose.

In other words, it is a cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

namloc1980 wrote: »
    "It's inevitable", "nothing we can do" etc. Absolutely depressing doom mongers is what they are.

Then why do anything? Why have any restrictions?

They’ve just said there’s NOTHING we can do!!

Open up so!!

Or are they lying???

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Donnelly tells the Dáil that the outbreak in Waterford arose from an outdoor gathering at a pub.

That was a funeral attended by a group from the uk if it was the settle community would have been an outcry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

mikekerry wrote: »
    Its obvious this is what they are doing. Scare the sh*** out of people so they will take the jab

This has been obvious since Martins speech on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Did 80% of all adults have their first dose by the end of June? Remember there was a big hoopla about that in early may.
    That hoopla was done in by supplies as usual. Now up to Version 31 of the plan!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Amazing listening to the news at One and demand for pharmacies for the younger cohort, some pharmacies have waiting lists of 500. My thoughts is the younger ones want to get out of dodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Now being reported that some of the pharmacies were never notified of them providing the jab for the younger generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Archeron wrote: »
    They are doing what they do, which is not an intentional effort to undermine government but as the government won't go against them they can advise as they please. What we've seen since Monday are efforts to back up their predictions and decisions. Meanwhile in another corner the government is trying to figure out what to do. That seems to be very little apart from waiting for the UK data these projections are based on.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

I've watch the Taoiseach since he came to power and it's obvious he is one of the weakest we have ever had. He has no courage, no questions about NPHET, no real plan, no conviction. Just utters inane statements. We're not coming out of this at all over the next few months and it's simply the governments fault. Hopefully people will get so fed up they will peacefully show themselves on the streets in their tens of thousands soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Padkir wrote: »
    I haven't read everything over the last couple of days as there is too much posting, so apologies if this has already been addressed.

If NPHET's advice that only fully vaccinated people are allowed to access indoor dining and drinking is accepted and implemented by government, will they be recommending that these businesses open with zero restrictions, given only vaccinated people can access them?

I suspect I know the answer... If not, why not?
    Most likely some precautions would remain in place - such as wearing a mask when leaving your table, and hygiene measures such as handwashing, etc. These are low-cost measures which do not impact the business or the customer, so it's better to have them in place than just stop. The staff remain unvaccinated.

If it's vaccinated only, then they would likely have no need for distances between tables or limits on table numbers.

If it's vaccinated or those with negative tests, then the distance would probably remain, with restricted table numbers. Maybe 8-10 max.
    There is tomorrow at 12 at the GPO

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQuSSY0nPDL/
    Being promoted by anti-vaxxers, quelle surprise!

This is always going to be the issue with any protest about restrictions in general. It'll be hijacked by anti-vaxxers, the nazi party and scumbags who are hoping for a scrap with the Gardai.

Unless a protest has a better focus (e.g. just maternity care, or just business closures), then you're going to be wasting your time going to it. You'd be merely giving impetus to imbeciles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

It has plenty to do with his judgement, his rash decision making and it’s the perfect example of his over cautious stance towards socializing.

People need to see that he is wrong about some things because in some peoples eyes he is infallible

The poster stated he was having a shot at redemption and then that he would burn the country to the ground

This is contradictory , regardless of what anyone thinks of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

seamus wrote: »

This is always going to be the issue with any protest about restrictions in general. It'll be hijacked by anti-vaxxers, the nazi party and scumbags who are hoping for a scrap with the Gardai.

Unless a protest has a better focus (e.g. just maternity care, or just business closures), then you're going to be wasting your time going to it. You'd be merely giving impetus to imbeciles.

This is exactly my problem i do want to protest and make my voice heard about how i feel things are currently being completely mishandled but i do not want to be associated with the crazies who will turn up and make it all about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

I've watch the Taoiseach since he came to power and it's obvious he is one of the weakest we have ever had. He has no courage, no questions about NPHET, no real plan, no conviction. Just utters inane statements. We're not coming out of this at all over the next few months and it's simply the governments fault. Hopefully people will get so fed up they will peacefully show themselves on the streets in their tens of thousands soon.

He has no balls the man- to emphasise his points in speaches he makes these mad hand gestures like fr Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

That's a self-fulfilling prophecy though. If 300 people go to a protest and 100 cause severe trouble, they get the focus they're happy with.

If 50,000* people go to a protest and 100 cause trouble, they're just seen as the fringe and not get the main focus.

(*Random sample number. Not like 50,000 people here are going to protest anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

SAMTALK wrote: »
    The poster stated he was having a shot at redemption and then that he would burn the country to the ground

This is contradictory , regardless of what anyone thinks of him

You're unaware of past figures who have destroyed their countries while portraying themselves as infallible heroes?

You need to read more history books buddy.

Most likely some precautions would remain in place - such as wearing a mask when leaving your table, and hygiene measures such as handwashing, etc. These are low-cost measures which do not impact the business or the customer, so it's better to have them in place than just stop. The staff remain unvaccinated.

If it's vaccinated only, then they would likely have no need for distances between tables or limits on table numbers.

If it's vaccinated or those with negative tests, then the distance would probably remain, with restricted table numbers. Maybe 8-10 max.

I don’t have an issue with that protest saying it’s against vaccine coercion (among all the other things)
    I am fully vaxxed.
    I see telling people they can’t dine indoors or fly without being vaccinated as vaccine coercion and I’m against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

we have the worst opposition in the history of the state to not upset the apple cart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

He was never meant to be in power. He was put in first so that FG and leaky Leo can then take over for the 2nd part of the term and do the usual give aways.

Its really boils down to the parish pump political system in Ireland. If you look at the popular vote from the last election none of these people should be in power. The only reason they are there is for the fact that over a period of approximately 140 days they essentially tore up their own political parties manifestos in order to cling to power and form a government that was not democratically elected. If people made protest votes and voted tactically just once in their lives then just maybe we might get rid of all these idiots and have some real change in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Level 42 wrote: »
    we have the worst opposition in the history of the state to not upset the apple cart

To busy sucking up the young vote for next time round to actually oppose anything haha.

But seriously given the poor job the Gov have done in recent months I am shocked the opposition (all of it not 1 party) have not connected with WHO, ECDC etc, to provide a second scientific opinion.

Surely they can request the modelling and submit for review even if the Gov does not want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Sky news reporting England's R number has fallen slightly again. Where the hell are we going wrong?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

You're unaware of past figures who have destroyed their countries while portraying themselves as infallible heroes?

You need to read more history books buddy.

Not your buddy thanks!

How does he redeem himself by burning down the country, or to whom does he redeem himself by doing this ?

You seem to blame all on Tony Holohan. You do know the buck doesnt actually stop with him ?

He has a job (whether he does it right or not is another thing ) but all he does is give advice and it's the government who have the final call , but they are too weak to stand up and be counted.

Advertisement