Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

My memory of all night clubs is that they were never any different..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yeah that happened a lot. Why wouldn't I take advantage of my geographical location? Is the reaction to that jealousy, maybe? It doesn't take away from the fact that I've been misrepresented loads of times.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭Floppybits

So hang on a sec here, you say in your post that you "defended the rules" but you haven't followed them. Am I reading that correctly? Because if I am that smacks of hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭MOR316

He tweeted about South William Street, the next day riot police were there, battering people. It created a feeling of "well **** that then, we're gonna get take away pints there and not let them dictate to us" and it caused anger and it allowed proper trouble makers to visit the area and they still haven't been eradicated since then...That all came from his tweet

That's not advice to Government

What I actually said was, "Quite often, I would've defended the rules and why they were in place..." That's 'quite often'...not all the time for all the rules. Did you miss the example above where I mentioned the poster who wouldn't travel another km or two to get to the beach? There's absolutely nothing hypocritical in that.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Is that a serious question? Tweeting about people gathering on South William Street is not advice to Government...

I mean, it's a factual statement...Why you're questioning it is beyond me

Sorry, what? I must be missing something. What am I questioning now?

You asked what my point was...My post said tweeting about it wasn't advice to Government...A factual statement.

I can't understand how anyone can question that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

So if someone has a job they can't do anything other than what the job entails, including having a twitter account?

The government are in charge.

Yeah...Because I see my doctor tweeting about how vulgar it is for people to gather on a street. After all, that's what they're thought to do, isn't it? That's the CMO's first objective, isn't it? Get a grip ffs!

"The Government are in charge" You realise people are actively avoiding their families because of Tony Holohan? "****, I've got a runny nose! I better have a **** Christmas and avoid my family"

And before you even start, yes what I said above is factual! It's not me "belittling" any virus. That's exactly what has happened with people I know.

But, I'm sure you'll twist whatever I say and turn it into whatever suits your agenda, just like you did your original post...

Deny it all you want but, it's you who'll lose your job and be taxed to the bollocks when this is over, not me! Be it on your head, pal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I second your sentiments, I'd say most people do. The day we attack the cmo because of his dead wife is the day we can no longer attack him for his lockdown suggestions and subsequently the day the battle against him is lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

I've no idea what your ranting about. Maybe you've mixed me up with someone.

Have a nice night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Easily over 55,000 at Arsenal v Man City earlier today. Interesting observation about it (was at Arsenal last month), plenty of empty seats from fans who have decided to stay away. There are no reports of games in England causing any outbreaks of this relatively mild flu for most, and this was actually established in Denmark during the early summer.

So in England we have people getting on with living and those who feel they shouldn’t go to crowded outdoor spaces choosing not to.

Can't argue with any of that. Here under Hoolohan’s Regime of Fear, Lansdowne and Croker can currently have no more than 5,000 fans.

People being denied their freedom to live and enjoy their lives for absolutely no scientific reason.

And this all has to be paid for.

The taxpayer either ponies up the difference or sports organisations gave less to invest in communities.

And that’s before we even touch on the shattered hospitality sector.

Main problem NPHET have now though is so many people have had Covid in the last couple of weeks that the mystery is gone. And with that the fear evaporates.

What will they do when other countries stop indulging in the pointless exercise of counting cases?

It seems that way! The last paragraph was classy too.

I know this post is in response to someone else but...

Right...the Chief Medical Officer, in the middle of a pandemic, which is a virus passed from person to person when in close contact with other people, advises people not to be in close contact with other people to avoid the spread of the virus...and you think he's wrong to do so? What planet are you on?!

No idea what the last paragraph has got to do with anything. (How can someone be taxed to the bollocks if they've lost their job?)

Penfailed says you're wrong and you're not allowed even question the CMO

• Advertisement

That quote in inverted commas bears absolutely no relation whatsoever to the one you quoted. The balls on you trying to spin it to suit though.

Jesus. I must add that to the expanding list of things I didn't say. 3:39am...you on the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I hate to say it but seeing the UK just living their lives and getting on with things makes me so envious

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

Not all of the UK - just England. I have some very pissed off relatives in Scotland and Wales.

I suppose there could be a silver lining, if it ends up contributing to sending Drakeford and Sturgeon to the dole queue, though!

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭timmymagoo

Do your own research is now being labelled as dangerous and those who say it being labelled enemies of the state

You must believe the experts and the science as they are never wrong

Same logic is why we have covid in the first place, scientists playing God

Sister lives over in London working in a number of NHS hospitals.. she can't understand the mania that exists here. All we can talk/argue about she says. A nation totally consumed by it.

Been over a couple of times to visit her. It's a different world. Longer this goes on, the more attractive a move to England gets for us .

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Mr Burny

Looks like a gang of sexpots unable to control their deviant urges. Pathetic.

Herein lies the beating heart of Irish restrictions.. judgementalism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

An outbreak wouldn't even get into a local free paper in comparison to those very large daily numbers and it's spreading everywhere.

What will they do when other countries stop indulging in the pointless exercise of counting cases?

It's not entirely pointless when a proportion, albeit in some places a very small fraction now, could end up putting pressure on hospitals. It doesn't seem to be happening but drawing attention to these numbers reminds people that we are not quite done with it and they still need to follow the general COVID advice. The difference now is that people are doing so a lot more calmly.

Advertisement