Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lilies dying?

Options
  • 29-06-2021 8:20pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a pot with 2 lilies in it, and I've noticed that some of the flowers have died off and a few leaves are brown at the tip.

One set I only bought on Sunday, potted into a pot with some compost and some food, and thoroughly watered on Sunday evening. Pot is ample big enough, the two plants don't touch each other or compete for sun.

The second set has been flowered for a week or 2 now and is starting to lose some flowers.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this expected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Are you watering them enough?

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wesser wrote: »
    Are you watering them enough?

Watered Sunday night, watered again tonight (when I noticed).

Maybe I'll just keep watering every few days and see if they hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Did you repot with them in full growth? That will out them under stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,428 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You would expect flowers to die off, if there are buds there are more to come and it would be a good idea to cut off the dead flowers. I never noticed how long individual lily flowers last, but a couple of weeks seems reasonable.

Advertisement