Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card problem

Options
  • 30-06-2021 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi. I am having difficulty finding anyone to help me with a credit card problem - the card is being declined even though there is zero balance due.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi. I am having difficulty finding anyone to help me with a credit card problem - the card is being declined even though there is zero balance due.
    Hi Hillmanhunter1,

Thanks for your post. 

Our Credit Card Services Team are available 9-5 Monday to Friday on 0818251251 and can help with your card. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Hillmanhunter1

Hi Hillmanhunter1,

Thanks for your post. 

Our Credit Card Services Team are available 9-5 Monday to Friday on 0818251251 and can help with your card. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara
    Do you really think Boards.ie was my first port of call?
    I rang that number and was left holding for 15 minutes before I gave up.
    I sent a message using the facility within Banking 365 four days ago - no reply.
    I tried to make contact via Twitter - no joy.
    Is there anyone working in BoI?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Hi Hillmanhunter1,

Thanks for your post. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara
    I sent a message using the facility within Banking 365 four days ago - no reply.
    just get a card from someone who has Customer sevice...

Hi Hillmanhunter1,

Thanks for your post. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara
    Hi Hillmanhunter1, 

Thanks for your reply. Apologies, we were not aware that you had called before posting here. 

As we don't have account access here or on Twitter it would be necessary to call for help with account specific queries. Our contact centres are operating with reduced staff numbers which may result in longer hold times. Our colleagues are doing their best to answer calls as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Hillmanhunter1

Hi Hillmanhunter1,

Thanks for your post. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara
    Hi Hillmanhunter1, 

Thanks for your reply. Apologies, we were not aware that you had called before posting here. 

As we don't have account access here or on Twitter it would be necessary to call for help with account specific queries. Our contact centres are operating with reduced staff numbers which may result in longer hold times. Our colleagues are doing their best to answer calls as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Tara
    Thank you for responding, and let me make it clear that I know you can't be held responsible for the line that Bank of Ireland requires you to follow.
    BUT
    Talking about contact centres operating with reduced staff numbers was a plausible excuse for the first two weeks of Covid lockdown.
    If Bank of Ireland is still using this excuse a year and a half later it can only be because it has failed to respond to the challenge and doesn't care about customer service. It just isn't good enough.

• Advertisement

Hi Hillmanhunter1, 

Thanks
    Tara
    Tara
    Thank you for responding, and let me make it clear that I know you can't be held responsible for the line that Bank of Ireland requires you to follow.
    BUT
    Talking about contact centres operating with reduced staff numbers was a plausible excuse for the first two weeks of Covid lockdown.
    If Bank of Ireland is still using this excuse a year and a half later it can only be because it has failed to respond to the challenge and doesn't care about customer service. It just isn't good enough.
    Hi Hillmanhunter1,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We continue to adhere to Government and HSE guidelines to protect our customers and colleagues. We have introduced a range of supports for customers during the Covid-19 national emergency which are outlined here

We will pass on your feedback in relation to this. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement