Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to use annual leave to get vaccinated?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

My company have just told people to let your direct report know that you have the appointment and when it's for. When the day comes you just have to go and take as long as it needs as it's in the companies interest for people to be fully vaccinated. If any company or manager are giving out about taking time off for the vaccine they are extremely short sighted imo and I wouldn't be sticking around there long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭shane b

blackwave wrote: »
    My company have just told people to let your direct report know that you have the appointment and when it's for. When the day comes you just have to go and take as long as it needs as it's in the companies interest for people to be fully vaccinated.

My company are the same, however we are all on salary. Dont know if thats makes a difference.
    I know one of the construction contractors on site are not covering the time off to be vaccinated. Their stance is that if your not on site/clocked in, your not getting paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,975 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

fits wrote: »
    But it’s not sick leave!

Some companies, including the public service, allow paid sick leave to be used for medical appointments.

Some don't. This is OK, because in the Republic of Ireland, there is currently no legal requirement for paid sick leave. As some have noted, these are likely not employers you want to stay with for too long - but they may offer other benefits that are wanted.

Advertisement