Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a birth cert

Options
  • 30-06-2021 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Has anyone had any luck lately in obtaining a birth certificate for their child?

I requested one in end April, paying the €20 fee and got an email stating that if they’ve found one within 30 days it’d be sent to me, otherwise a member of their team would be in contact.

With the hse cyber attack (happened mid May so within the 30 days) I’m sure everything is up in the air but not sure what to do next. I’ve sent 2 follow up emails which I’d imagine they haven’t read as their IT is probably a mess. Dunno whether to just wait or apply again or what other options are.

Anyone else been through this lately since the cyber attack and found a resolution? Or anyone other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Did you definitely use the GRO website and not one of the third party ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

I went through the hse website. Just rechecking now and see that they are not processing existing orders due to the hack. The GRO look to be completing new orders so will go through them.
    Thanks for your response.

Advertisement