Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connector for combining wires

Options
  • 30-06-2021 2:35pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,870 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to replace a standard ceiling rose with a new fitting. The light is part of the loop, so there is more than 1 of live / neutral / earth. The new fitting obviously expects 1 of each.

Rather than try jam them in to the connector in the fitting itself, there must be some sort of small, neat connector that I can use where multiple wires can be connected together neatly and safely.

My terminology is completely off here.

Hopefully this description isn't terrible and you understand what I mean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Henry...

Wagos I guess

• Administrators Posts: 53,870 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Perfect, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes these new wagos look the business....

I'm going to purchase to test them out, I'm still old school with the normal block connectors.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1

I have used Wago connectors quite a bit recently. I’m very impressed. Quick and simple to install very coils connections. Particularly good when more than 2 or 3 wires have to be connected together.

Never got round to using them

Probably buy a box and take it from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭hesker

Wonder how long it will be before built-in screwless terminals like these are allowed in sockets and switches

• Administrators Posts: 53,870 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What did electricians use before these yokes when they needed to combine wires to make them fit into block connectors?

awec wrote: »
    What did electricians use before these yokes when they needed to combine wires to make them fit into block connectors?

Dunno

Connectors and tape usually

An enclosure would be the main consideration when jointing

Do the wagos require an enclosure

Obbo and coffin boxes for basic jointing and the junction boxes

You can fit an enclosure with din rail and joints

The main thing with jointing is that it has to be enclosed and accessible

Advertisement