Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling to find work

Options
  • 30-06-2021 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone,
    I was unsure where to come to for this. I have been unable to secure work and have been trying to secure work since last year. I have done a course on animal care and completed it. Unfortunately, there aren't many jobs in the area. So I have been applying to all sorts of jobs including retail jobs and working in fast food and have been unsuccessful. It's proving to be impossible to get a job. I am currently doing another course for childcare online to hopefully open up a new doorway and have been also looking to do babysitting or pet minding nearby but have had no luck with that either. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere online that are looking for people to work with them and don't expect much experience. It is fine if it is just part time. I just need to secure some type of work. Thank you so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ratracer

Have you registered with any recruitment agencies? There are plenty of temporary factory jobs around at the moment, depending on what part of the country you are in.
    It’s not for everybody, but if you want some income quickly, it’s probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

If you are just looking to earn money while you are doing your course, dress well and walk around local towns or villages with your CV to hand out. I am in North Dublin and have seen plenty of signs in cafes, restaurants and shops for full or part time staff. Have you any experience childminding or pet sitting? It might be helpful to volunteer a bit to get experience if not, references will help you. I am sure all parents would expect some experience when leaving their kids with you so if you have experience, check out your local childminding Facebook pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

For animal care it's more likely you'll go the self-employed route if there aren't many jobs in the area. So, dog grooming, dog walking, etc.

For childcare, some people work in creches but I hear it's very demanding. If you want a minimum wage job as a childminder your best bet is to mind the kids of a couple who work during the day. If you want a career in it, make sure they pay you through the books.
    Do your childcare course part-time. And if you don't drive, I recommend you learn before doing any more courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I was talking with a restaurant owner last weekend and he said that he can't get kitchen or waiting staff at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BigLoser

All of the major supermarkets are always looking for staff! Bombard everyone with job applications!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Ark Vetcare are looking for staff at the moment in one of their branches, i think its a customer care role, but definitely a good foot in the door for you. Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

ISPCA have advertised the following role: ISPCA Animal Welfare Inspector (Midlands region)

Might not be for you if you are not based in the area but something to look into

Advertisement