Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey driving test routes

Options
  • 30-06-2021 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I recently moved to Gorey and have a driving test next week. I am practising hard, but the roads are still unfamiliar. Can anyone please help me find out typical test routes for Gorey so that I can practice on them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Best way to find out is to book a lesson or two with a local instructor, no matter how sure you are that you don't "need" lessons because you can already drive well enough.

I learned that when doing the test in Gorey myself, some 25 years ago now. Failed the first time largely because of errors on unfamiliar narrow side streets. Booked lessons the second time to become familiar with the test routes, and passed with flying colours.

I know it's a long time ago now, but can't imagine the situation has changed in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You will definitely have to drive up the main street, so make sure you're good at hill starts.

Advertisement