Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scenes blowing up

Options
  • 30-06-2021 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

In the modern era ( pre covid) do local scene exist anymore? I’m think the late 80s south Cali punk scene, Seattle grunge and Manchester scene in the 90s, New Romantics and mod revival In the 80s etc....
    I’m finding it hard to think of a local scene where the bands and artist grafted for year locally before making their way into the charts. Maybe I am just too old now but it seems u just release stuff on the internet and hope to get picked up to make a record.
    I used to love the dublin scene, local young lads with loads of energy playing in little ****ty rooms to a 100 people. Paying their dues i suppose.
    As I said maybe I am just old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Tis all online(wherever that is) now Grandad!

Advertisement