Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hbomax Caribbean and Latin America

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Anyone having issues with HBO Mad on firestick.

I've Getflix DNS and working flawless up until last night and now not connecting.

I've tried updating to new app on one device to ensure it wasn't app issue.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

I think it's just a Getflix issue as I am having problems playing Disney plus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭baz9375

It’s an issue with Getflix.

I opened a ticket last night and got reply saying it’s a known issue at the min with US apps and they’re working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Also issues with Getflix playing Prime UK at the moment, see the Getflix thread in Bargain Alerts

HBO MAX is back working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Anyone got a working link to the latest version of the app for android phone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

My latest payment was declined and subscription cancelled. It’s happened a couple of times before and usually they’d try again but just cancelled it this time and lost the discount.

Can’t even manage to sign back up without the discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭micks_address

Looks like my payment declined last night to. Costa Rica sub. Revolut had funds etc.. to be honest watching f all on it so if it's gone it's gone

Click "generate download link"

Then choose click here to download now.

This should be the official Google store app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Similar situation to me, are you with Revolut? Wasn't sure if it was a HBO issue or Revolut as it came up as transaction blocked due to suspicious activity. Got email from HBO stating they'd attempt again, so I switched card number to disposal option but same thing happened and another email from them. Suspect it will be cancelled shortly.

I'd actually like to keep it, as it this price it's a no brainer given the quality of hbo shows imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I managed to get it to save my Bank of America details after Revolut cancelled my card last year but the payment itself was never deducted from the BOA card which leads me to think it's not anything really to do with Revolut, though had they not forced me to change card details the sub would have continued without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭a2deden

My payment was taken today, i dont really use it at the same time id be annoyed

What card have you set up? I keep getting emails stating payment has failed and to check with my bank or update card, and they'll try again. This has been happening since the 3rd of May so unsure how long more they'll keep this up. Can't change the card unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

On a separate note....has anyone found a working APK of the newest HBO Max app for a firestick? Can't login to my app as it's saying to update to the newest one!!

Have you tried changing your country to USA in "manage content and devices"? You might have to do a sync or restart to get the US apps to appear. Once you have all the apps you want installed simply change back to Ireland or the UK whichever you are using. All apps will automatically update regardless of which country you are set to.

I have done this for UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia, India.

If I sign into a now firestick all apps are available for download.

Failing that have you tried this?

Note: On 23May23 HBO Max is changing to MAX and none of us are sure if our logins will work. 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

I've tried to change country before but it has never worked for me. Done it a few times but no joy so I must be doing something wrong

Did you have any luck with this? My Argentinian sub has been cancelled now and i've been trying various countries without success. On a couple of occasions I thought it worked but then Revolut blocked the payment for suspicious activity. Keen to get it working again as i definitely use it quite frequently.

My login isn't working with the new Max Andoid app or via the website. ☹️

The new Fire Stick app isn't available yet to try it.

• Advertisement

I just tried with IOS version of the Max app and getting error message with my email address and password. I'm definitely using the correct details - they are still working on the HBO Max app (for now!). Will give it a while and see if we get access again - I have a month before my Costa Rica payment is due again.

Just looking at help section/FAQs on the Max website and it seems US customers can no longer use their login for HBO Max in other regions. It's saying Max will be available in Latin America & Caribbean by the end of 2023. Maybe login "roaming" will be back then?? (fingers crossed)

I think I'll keep my Costa Rica sub going as I'm still on the half price offer. Will use VPN for HBO Max until I see if we get access to US again once Max is rolled out to Costa Rica.

Cant get it to work anywhere, tried on firestick, wont even let me log in to say the netherlands

My firestick hasn't updated and I have copied the app just in case. The HBO Max app is still working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I just did a sanity check. Connected to vpn for Costa Rica, worked fine. Then tested with an American vpn, still worked fine. So hopefully all good for now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Getflix and native android app on Shield TV still working here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

It's updated to Max app on my firestick and getting 'Something Went Wrong' error message. I'm on Getflix and also experiencing the same with Brazil VPN which is where I signed up

I'm presuming an apk of previous version would be the only way around this

I tried an apk of previous version and just get a forced update message

So I bit the bullet and took out new sub for month to see if works ok with Getflix.

went for the $9.99 plan with ads.

Woking ok on firestick and iOS app on iPhone with Getflix (set up on router)

Just wonder if anyone would be interested in sharing ‘family account’ on the ‘ultimate ad free’ package until the end of the year?

It’s up to 4k streaming and allows four users

hopefully by end of the year when ‘Max’ is rolled out in Latin America we’ll be able yo use our cheaper subs again for the US content 😁

• Advertisement

Is there much of a differnce between US content v Latin America/Europe?

Advertisement