Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hbomax Caribbean and Latin America

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

setanter

Really sorry folks, it is unintentional. A bug with the new system. I have reported it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Just to confirm that my 2nd month payment for Costa Rica has been made via revolut. No issues

Edit: I thought half price was only for the first month. Its as long as I keep the account active. That's €2.73 per month. Excellent value

Post edited by Sleeper12 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thanks for confirming, I looked back on mine, was initially set up on 1st June so I will probably be billed again on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Thanks to everyone who was giving me tips for sign up. Turns out the sign up issue was my email address (I had used that email for HBO before). Spent about EUR 50 trying different VPNs before i copped this.... On a positive note, i have a good few VPNs to try out and check what works.

• Advertisement

A list for viewing. These were very basic tests - literally just 1 or 2 servers in US only. Some detected VPN, others just said HBO Max service currently not working, please try later (something to that effect).

VPNs working for me:

Tunnelbear

Nord VPN

Ivacy

Not working for me:

VPN Unlimited

Cactus VPN

PrivateVPN

Proton VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Just signed up for a Costa Rica account successfully, Revolut virtual card worked fine... however, no luck getting the US version to work through Smart DNS. Have tried KeepSolid Smart DNS and DNS4Me, both aren't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Putting what working up on the likes of these forums is only going hasten its demise.

m>

I doubt putting up some of the most used VPNs in the world is going to change anything. If some IT guy at HBO cant figure out to target the most popular VPNs first i think we are pretty safe

• Advertisement

My Costa Rica payment was taken today so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The latest Suicide Squad is starting 5th August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I found I had to remove Getflix DNS for accessing NowTV - though most of everything else was fine. Wonder if your experience of Now is any different?

I have getflix. I get UK NOW TV & HBOMAX without issue. You should get on to live chat. They are pretty good at resolving issues

+1 on Getflix amazing value for what it does.

HBO Max working seamlessly

For the price there are some decent movies coming to HBO Max. Link

A friend of mine paid €2.31 today for Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just to confirm - you have hbo max latin america working with Nord VPN? I can't get logged in when i use it. I can access using a different dns service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have Nord and it started working during the week. But stopped last night. Seems hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭micks_address

yeah on my google tv it just loops at the profile page and won't login. On my firecube it gives 'error switching profile's and wont go past that. With the dns on cube it just logs in. i have the dns configured on the cube so it doesnt affect everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

You need to update the app.

Can be bit of a problem doing this, so hopefully I get the steps right.

Delete the app from the fireTV device

Get the up to date app from "maxfire" website, it is important that you get the app that's not for phones or tablets.. not sure if I can post a link for this here without getting a warning 🤔

When you install the latest app through apps2fire or downloader don't open it straight away.

Log in to your or a working VPN on your fireTV and choose a country where HBOMAX is available. I used San Jose USA

The on your phone or PC log into the same server on the VPN (USE the same VPN provider and location - Example: San Jose USA)

Then open the HBOMAX app on the fireTV device and when it asks to enter the code on a computer, go to activate.hbomax.com on your phone or PC

enter the 6 character code - login to your HBOMAX account and DONE should appear.

Turn off VPN when the fireTV refreshes to the HBOMAX home screen and it should work through the DNS again.

Install apkupdater. There is usually no need to delete the old version. You can either update using the updater or it will give you a URL. You can use the sendto app to send it to the firestick. Not deleting save having to re-link the app.

Change prime account to US in setting on pc. Download the genuine firestick app & change settings back to Ireland or UK. Its always better to use the genuine firestick app. It also updates itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Unfortunately you can't update the app on a phone/tablet and then transfer it like your suggestion. The app for the fire Tv is not a generic android app with touch screen options. There are no touch options in the fire Tv apk as it uses the controller only.

Also, a new HBOMAX app won't trnsfer/install if there is an existing one there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭baz9375

Wondered that myself when I saw the second payment come out at the reduced rate. I checked the HBO site for some info and it seems that the reduced rate is for as long as you maintain the subscription taken out during the promo period. See the attached Google translate

You update it on the firestick using apkupdater. Not all links work though but it will give give a URL.

The HBO max android TV app updates perfectly on the firestick without having to uninstall. There is no need for touch screen or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

For people using smart dns/getflix - do we know which of the channel groupings is used for HBO? Ideally I'd like to have settings to allow HBO, Netflix and Prime video from the US and Discovery Plus and iPlayer from UK. I don't know if these clash?

• Advertisement

I put a post up on page 3 of my settings that work for most of what you want except I use Irish Netflix and UK prime. Also Discovery plus is locked to the region you buy it. India is about €3/year.

To get US prime you would need to change your region within Amazon. You should check out Prime Turkey (90c/month) as changing the Getflix location to Canada give loads of good content.

Advertisement