Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income increase while on Hap/Social housing list

Options
  • 30-06-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone,

We are currently on the HAP scheme (& social housing list) and since we got accepted on to both our income has increased (less than 10k gross of an increase). We informed our county council and so are paying the correct HAP weekly payments but according to the income limits for social housing we are now above it. My question is if we get offered social housing will they revoke the offer after doing an income assessment? I am just confused because we have disclosed our income to them for HAP payments so if our income was too high now for social housing wouldn't they have said it to us by now?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

Hi everyone,

We are currently on the HAP scheme (& social housing list) and since we got accepted on to both our income has increased (less than 10k gross of an increase). We informed our county council and so are paying the correct HAP weekly payments but according to the income limits for social housing we are now above it. My question is if we get offered social housing will they revoke the offer after doing an income assessment? I am just confused because we have disclosed our income to them for HAP payments so if our income was too high now for social housing wouldn't they have said it to us by now?

Thanks in advance.

You can’t be on HAP and the social housing list. When you receive HAP, your local authority determines that’s adequate housing and you are removed from the list. Unless you are only reporting one of you living there while the other person remains on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

deise121 wrote: »
    You can’t be on HAP and the social housing list. When you receive HAP, your local authority determines that’s adequate housing and you are removed from the list. Unless you are only reporting one of you living there while the other person remains on the list?

Yep you can be on hap and social housing list.
    If I remember correctly you tick a box or sign a form when you go onto hap to say you still want to be on the social housing list.

I was on hap then was offered a social house.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

deise121 wrote: »

This is not correct- in fact you are only entitled to HAP if you are on the social housing list.

OP, yes I think that's a distinct possibility, not sure why it would not have raised a flag with the HAP section. Contact Threshold or Citizens Information for proper advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

When you join HAP you are technically removed from the main social housing list but you're then placed on a housing transfer waiting list.

Sorry irishmiss17 that isn't relevant to your question. Not sure the answer to that one but the council will certainly reassess you when it comes time to offering you accommodation.

Advertisement