Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good physiotherapist in Cork

Options
  • 30-06-2021 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for recommendations on good physiotherapist in Cork city, preferably city center, wilton, bishopstown, Douglas areas.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I can wholeheartedly recommend Dearbhla or Dirk in Function Physiotherapy, Penrose Wharf.

Top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Hi Folks,

Looking for recommendations on good physiotherapist in Cork city, preferably city center, wilton, bishopstown, Douglas areas.

Thanks!

I've used Brian Fox in Fox Physiotherapy. Located in there by South Doc. Have always found him very good but I always think your view of physios is very much a function of each persons outcome.

legend99 wrote: »
    I've used Brian Fox in Fox Physiotherapy. Located in there by South Doc. Have always found him very good but I always think your view of physios is very much a function of each persons outcome.

+1 on Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Another recommendation here for Brian Fox. He has fixed various injuries for me that others couldn't. He has a long wait at the moment though. I went to one of the other physio's in the practice this week for an old neck injury that flared up (note to self, don't play on the trampoline with my nephew's). Found him very good too, albeit a slightly different approach to Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

To be honest, I found Brian Fox over promised.
    Brought my dad there with his sciatica.
    I think Brian just promised too much. My dad didn't get any relief from several visits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Joe Normoyle in the Mardyke Arena is great, and depending on what kind of issue you have they have a hydrotherapy pool, anti-gravity treadmill, access to the gym for rehab there etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

been using this place since I loved back to Cork in 2007 - the owner Anne is 1st class.. they use to be the Physio's for The Cork Ladies Football team - good enough for them - then me surely...

hope you get your aliment sorted

https://blackpoolphysio.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

sporina wrote: »
    been using this place since I loved back to Cork in 2007 - the owner Anne is 1st class.. they use to be the Physio's for The Cork Ladies Football team - good enough for them - then me surely...

hope you get your aliment sorted

https://blackpoolphysio.com/

Anne is excellent, highly reccomend.

Roesy wrote: »
    Anne is excellent, highly recommend.

absolutely - apparently people travel from Kerry to see her..

have done 2 pilates courses there too - not been for physio much since (thankfully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

I can wholeheartedly recommend Dearbhla or Dirk in Function Physiotherapy, Penrose Wharf.

Top class.

Another one for Dearbhla and Dirk. Very professional and really know their stuff. Wouldn't use anyone else :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Aisling O'Donoghue, MISCP. Physiotherapist & Sports Injury Clinic

Avoca, Curraheen Rd, Bishopstown, Cork

did you find someone OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thinkingalot

Hi folks, thank you so much for all the recommendations, plenty of choice there and always good to go by recommendations! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thinkingalot

Just going through all the recommendations posted here!

Advertisement