Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work options - Telus (stripe), Eir, Capita - opinions

Options
  • 01-07-2021 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys. I think this question has been asked before, but I want to consolidate some answers from your experiences here to help me make a decision.

There are options for three jobs that I am applying for at the moment: Telus (stripe), Eir, and Capita. People have discussed these separately before but I'd like to get anyone's input about them together, whether you have worked there before or know someone who did/does.

Which one/s would you recommend or not recommend, from your experiences? What is the pay and conditions like? Anything positive or negative etc.? Promotion or advancement possibilities?

I have looked on sites like Glassdoor and Indeed, and variously the feedback they have gotten ranges from the lowest to the highest. I'd really appreciate your help on this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Well it depends on your actual role, seniority, experience, etc. Not sure what anyone can offer here? A lowly role in one company could be terrible with bad pay while a high level John in another could be amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SunbroEire

Well it depends on your actual role

Interesting you would say that. I applied for some team leader positions (which I'm well qualified for), however after speaking to a member of one of their HR they are offering me an entry-level(ish) customer service position. Is this common practice with these companies... a kind of 'bait and switch'?

Nope. They definitely don't want to invest money on people in the the wrong roles. They certainly wouldnt normally offer someone a role they didn't apply for without discussing why with you first. Sounds very strange tbh

In that case, they haven't read my CV properly.

SunbroEire wrote: »
    In that case, they haven't read my CV properly.

You have met these 3 companies? And they have all made offers for various roles?

Either way it's how you feel about the role and the people that matters. Don't take or not take a job based on other people's opinions. Your the one has to commit half of your week to it!

• Advertisement

Don't take or not take a job based on other people's opinions

I consider it fairly common practice to ask other people whether they like working in a place, to be honest. Of course the decision is yours at the end of the day, but often people can lay out the shortcomings or challenges you'll experience and this helps.

I've hired a lot of people over the years, well over 100, and interviewed many more. I can tell you without a doubt that an individualse experience can vastly differ in the same company or role. By all means ask people and listen. But then go and man he your own mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

SunbroEire wrote: »
    Interesting you would say that. I applied for some team leader positions (which I'm well qualified for), however after speaking to a member of one of their HR they are offering me an entry-level(ish) customer service position. Is this common practice with these companies... a kind of 'bait and switch'?

Could be a case that TL positions generally go to internal candidates (I'm assuming you're applying for call centre TL here) so you're being told to go for the entry level one and move up

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I can't speak from experience for any company. I've had friends who've work in Stripe and it started out great but slowly got worse as Telus took over. All have now left. In saying that I still think its one of the better outsourcing companies providing customer services. I don't have a clue about Eir but imagine its stressful given how hard it is to get through to an agent. Capita I've heard is also not great and they have now taken the worse account from Abtran...Irish Water. It's really account dependant I guess.

I know people who have moved to places like Shopify and Ebay. Customer service work will always be customer service but at least these companies offer better pay and working conditions. If you see anything crop up with them I'd consider applying.

Advertisement