Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds on New Mallow Rd (N20) to Kent Station

Options
  • 01-07-2021 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how hilly that road is for cycling, my recollection, from the '60's when last down there, is that it is quite steep up from the river.
    Thanks as always
    map attached

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Just wondering how hilly that road is for cycling, my recollection, from the '60's when last down there, is that it is quite steep up from the river.
    Thanks as always
    map attached

Just go into Blackpool and then out MacCurtain street and you'll avoid any hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

It's as easy a cycle as you could wish for in the city centre hill wise.

The commons road and Blackpool bypass are a bit of a clusterf*uck for a cyclist tho. If you are confident in traffic its fine, but be aware that there are sections - the flyover at Blackpool in Dunnes in Particular where you really need to be sure that you are seen, and stand your ground in the middle of the lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

RINO87 wrote: »
    It's as easy a cycle as you could wish for in the city centre hill wise.

The commons road and Blackpool bypass are a bit of a clusterf*uck for a cyclist tho. If you are confident in traffic its fine, but be aware that there are sections - the flyover at Blackpool in Dunnes in Particular where you really need to be sure that you are seen, and stand your ground in the middle of the lane.

Probably easier to turn left at McDonalds, up Fitz's Boreen and then just roll down through Blackpool village until you pop out on the N20 at the Heineken Brewery. Blackpool can be busy but the traffic is much slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

^Yep thats the route I would normally take, coming from Old Mallow road direction anyway and its much, much better. I wasn't sure if the OP would be familiar with the area enough to go that way tho. Theres always google maps I guess!

Advertisement