Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France stage 6: Tours to Châteauroux (160.4km)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ya we are gonna moan about stuff it's an internet forum buts Cavendish has a reputation for being a bit of a sore loser/winner and Bennett isn't in his league in that respect

In fairness, if we are talking about being a moaner after winning, Cavendish has had a lot more opportunities to do that than Bennett (and most other sprinters).

Anyway, as others have said, they all whinge and moan about other team's tactics. Bennett has done it more than once. I remember him saying "why doesn't everyone just leave me to my leadout" or something to that effect. Sagan was constantly whinging about other teams a few years ago. Its part of the game - they're trying to get every edge they can and more power to them.

I think there is a lot more to learn from the number of riders that were clearly happy for him after his comeback win the other day. They are the people who really know what he is like as a competitor and teammate and I would read a lot more in to that than anything he says to a reporter when he is full of adrenalin just after a sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Paddigol

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Every rider gets criticized but look at MVdP or Roglic or Pogacar
    Ewan or Demare...None of these guys act like dicks

No one gets a card on here for saying an interview is contrived ...people have said far worse ...seems to me you dont want Cav criticized at all ...and he has no reason above any rider to treat the media very poorly. He has doled out some **** in his time. He is a superb sprinter but otherwise I have no time for him

And yes Cavandish 'meaningful' interviews are as contrived and painful as Wiggos and I have every right to say this on an opinion forum

Ah jesus, calm down. You have your view of the lad, I have mine. We're both entitled to it and I never suggested otherwise. Me disagreeing with your view of him doesn't mean I don't want him criticised any more than suggesting that your criticism is evidence that you want him cancelled. No need to go to extremes. I don't think he cares what either of us think. I've no issue with him not suffering fools gladly. Just because others are happy to, doesn't mean he has to fall in behind.

I'm just as entitled to disagree with your posts as you are to make them. I don't know why you've taken it so personally or gone so defensive on the subject.

Advertisement