Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Upgrade From i7 2700K

Options
  • 01-07-2021 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Lately my PC has been acting strange. I recently put some Silverstone sleeved PSU extensions in along with a generic PCI extension cable. Since then the CPU fan has been speeding up and down as if there's a slight load but temps are between 35-40C and there's nothing obvious going on in the background. The GPU fan doesn't come on anymore unless MSI Afterburner is running or I set a constant fan speed. OCCT seems to close randomly as do some games.

I will remove the PCI extension and make sure everything is seated and connected properly. I would like to hold onto the system but at the same time it's old so not too fussed if it's time to upgrade.

I have an i7 2700K, 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz, 6GB PNY GTX1060, a budget Asus board, 60GB Corsair Force SDD, 2TB HDD, Corsair HX650w all in a Corsair 275R with some extra fans.

Upgrade wise I was looking at a Ryzen 3600, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz and an MSI B550 Gaming Plus for €420 on Amazon DE. Is there anything higher spec worth looking at as I could go to €500 if it was a step up? 4000MHz is €10 extra but apparently you won't see a performance difference over 3200MHz and 3600x is €50 more but not worth the slightly faster clock speed apparently.

Comments

Advertisement