Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No record of registration help

Options
  • 01-07-2021 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange one,

I attended the WIT in the 2005/2006 year for 2nd year of a course after transferring from IADT.

Was exploring options of advanced entry as my plans to finish the degree abroad has been sidelined by Covid and hit a massive roadblock:

They have no record of my registration that year. It’s like I didn’t exist. They do have a record from earlier when I attended a differing course in 2003 though.

To make it worse I can’t for the life of me find any record myself, no student number/card, no receipts for fees, no briefs…nothing. My best guess is that year (I have loads of paper work for 2002 right through to 2021 but missing 2005/6) is long lost in some envelope or folder. I would have sworn I had the same email address and access but apparantly not.

The only thing I’ve found is an old CD with some project files from that year (with the dates in the metadata), a physical project and the names of classmates/tutors.

But… I 100% attended the college and would have been in receipt of a VEC student grant. I’m hoping they might have a record somewhere with anything that could point to me being there. Maybe a student number or the college I was registered to.

It’s a weird situation.

With SUSI replacing VEC yonks ago I’m unsure who to contact. Revenue? County Council?

Any help would be most excellent.

Advertisement