Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E10 petrol and garden machinery

Options
  • 01-07-2021 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all

with the upcoming E10 petrol being the "new" unleaded, how will it work / be safe to use in mowers etc?

I have a few items;

Mower with Honda GX620 (V-Twin) engine

Mower with Honda GCVx 200 engine

Strimmer Stihl FS85 2 stroke mix engine

Aldi Power washer Workzone Platinium + model

Does anyone know if these can safely run E10 petrol?

Any info welcomed

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Just bumping this thread as E10 has started to come out of the pumps now, my practice so far for a oleomac strimmer & chainsaw is to run them dry and I only buy 5 liters of petrol at a time so I don't have any petrol laying around for more than a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Sales people where I bought them were showing me the aspen stuff which is shockingly expensive, can someone let me know what the best practice should be? Do I need to start putting fuel stabiliser into the petrol as I get it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just did a bit of googling on this - apparently it's at much higher concentrations of ethanol that you'd start to see problems, but stihl state "However, petrol with an ethanol content of more than 10% can cause running problems in engines with a manually adjustable carburetor so should not be used in such engines."

that's a tiny bit vague - how much more than 10%?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 orion50

Hi folks

Woods have a good deal on a 2 stroke multi-colour strimmer hedge cutter chain saw . Will this work OK with E10 petrol?

Advertisement