Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tools for phone repair

Options
  • 01-07-2021 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know of any decent shops in Ireland (Dublin or Galway if possible) that sell the kind of tools that phone repair shops use? In particular I'm looking for tools to help pry the back off of a OnePlus 7 Pro. I've found what I need online, but it'd be nice to go local.

I can't post links yet (I'm too fresh), but I'm looking for something like the "Suction Handle", "Plastic Cards" and "iSesamo" on the iFixit website.

Before anyone suggests "Any cheap tech shop in Dublin city" - I'm sure some of them sell them, but I've had no luck so far, so specific shops (or at least areas) would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 murchu27

sugarman wrote: »
    Why would you not just order online? Farnell or Amazon will have it to you within 2 days.

I'm not worried about the time, I was mostly hoping to support local. I'm particularly against buying from Amazon, and some of the other options like iFixit were just pricey shipping.

Radionics is a good shout though, cheers for that! They've a kit that's out of stock at the minute, but I might put it on backorder

Advertisement