Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Gort

• 01-07-2021 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Myself and my partner are planning on moving from Dublin to Gort and would be grateful if a local could answer a few questions for us please.

- What's the best internet provider in town, and what speeds do they offer, finding it hard to clarify online. We are both working remotely, so this is important.

- Public transport seems to end quite early from Galway and Ennis. Are there any late night options bus/train? Or what sort of taxi fare would you expect from Ennis or Galway?

- What sort of bin collection services are offered in the town?

If you can answer any part of this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

- Public transport seems to end quite early from Galway and Ennis. Are there any late night options bus/train? Or what sort of taxi fare would you expect from Ennis or Galway?

Public transport is shyte from Gort.

Bus Eireann have just reinstated the "late" bus from Galway at 7pm. Local politicians were lobbying for a private company to start a better service, andvit may yet happen. But likely not til further through the Covid recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Buses every hour and there are some train services both directions so not actually bad relative to other parts of Galway.

No, no late night buses as there is no real requirement & yes I've no car so it does impact me.

Hackney Taxi's are around 50Euro from Galway.

Bin service providers are WERS but maybe ask the neighbour.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Myself and my partner are planning on moving from Dublin to Gort and would be grateful if a local could answer a few questions for us please.

- What's the best internet provider in town, and what speeds do they offer, finding it hard to clarify online. We are both working remotely, so this is important.

- What sort of bin collection services are offered in the town?

If you can answer any part of this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Great post on Gort in the below thread.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058183856/1/#post117429984

Advertisement