Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France stage 7: Vierzon to Le Creusot (248 km)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Carlton's going for the reach-around..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Carlton's going for the reach-around..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I don't like cherries but I would like a slice of cheesecake right now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I wish Eurosport would give a list of people in break

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I wish Eurosport would give a list of people in break

Then there would less time to talk about Cav.

Here you go:

Van Aert, Teunissen, Van Baarle, Nibali, Skujins, Stuyven, Asgreen, Cavendish, Erviti, Cortina, Konrad, Laporte, Meurisse, Van der Poel, Cort, Guerreiro, Schar, Godon, Kragh Andersen, Gilbert, Sweeny, Van Moer, Mohoric, Yates, Houle, Campenaerts, Bakelants, Van Poppel, Bonnamour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

7mins for the break now, Nibali must be pinching himself.
    Wonder would Jumbo try and support WVA in the mountains if he had 5-6 mins over Pogacar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

retalivity wrote: »
    7mins for the break now, Nibali must be pinching himself.
    Wonder would Jumbo try and support WVA in the mountains if he had 5-6 mins over Pogacar?

Either way it would create a massive problem for UAE - having to mark attacks from both Roglic & WVA.

Froome heading out the back of the bunch on a cat 4

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Just turned on the race. How did UAE let that break get away and then let them get to 7'21" up the road??

Fine job he did as road captain marshalling the troops today and getting someone in the break. Oh wait ......

• Advertisement

ISN are having a shocker of a Tour so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Paddigol wrote: »

They really need Dan to come good in week 2 or 3 as he's said he should.

What's the opposite of the Movistar Team Prize?

Tim76 wrote: »
    Just turned on the race. How did UAE let that break get away and then let them get to 7'21" up the road??

In fairness, I'd say Pog is still looking at Rog and Carapaz as his main rivals... they're gone from GC too if things stay the way the are (which they won't). And he probably backs himself against most of the lads in the break as the Tour progresses. So little point in UAE destroying themselves on their own trying to keep the break on a short leash. Ineos and JV will have to work sooner or later unless they're willing to sacrifice their main men to knock Pog out. Whether they should have made sure to get someone in any break is another matter. But it's all academic really - the big boys will find themselves duking it out on GC in week three whatever happens today.

Roger Hammond has been decent enough on comes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

In fairness, I'd say Pog is still looking at Rog and Carapaz as his main rivals... they're gone from GC too if things stay the way the are (which they won't). And he probably backs himself against most of the lads in the break as the Tour progresses. So little point in UAE destroying themselves on their own trying to keep the break on a short leash. Ineos and JV will have to work sooner or later unless they're willing to sacrifice their main men to knock Pog out. Whether they should have made sure to get someone in any break is another matter. But it's all academic really - the big boys will find themselves duking it out on GC in week three whatever happens today.

If the break gets 10 minutes--- and at the current rate it is looking possible - would you think somebody like Nibali will lose almost 8 minutes in the final week? Is WVA able to defend such a gap in the Pyrenees?? Today is possibly the most important stage of the entire tour

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

All fair points but, if i was the UAE DS, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving MVDP (or the others for that matter) that type of lead. I know there has been talk of him having an eye on the Olympics and he is unproven in Grand Tours but if he has a decent time gap to defend then who knows what he is capable of over the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,161 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

If the break gets 10 minutes--- and at the current rate it is looking possible - would you think somebody like Nibali will lose almost 8 minutes in the final week? Is WVA able to defend such a gap in the Pyrenees?? Today is possibly the most important stage of the entire tour

Nibali could be setting up a Tommy Voeckler situation

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jaysus Kelly sounds like he's aged since tour start

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Dcully wrote: »
    Jaysus Kelly sounds like he's aged since tour start

Has had a few 'sherbets' as Carlton wud say? Certainly sounds a bit hoarse

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I missed the last couple of hours. ProCyclingStats had Rog and Alaphilipe in the break when it first went away. I'm assuming they voluntarily dropped back?

I'll eat my hat if the break gets 10 minutes by the end. Ineos, Quickstep and JV have done nothing all day. If they're happy for GC to be completely shook up (Carapaz, JA, and Rog to be all out of contention) then that's their call. But I'd be shocked. The break and the likes of MVDP and Nibali will gain time, that's for sure, but I think the big guns in the peloton have made the kalkulayshuns.

We'll see... very good chance I'll be eating my hat in an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Has had a few 'sherbets' as Carlton wud say? Certainly sounds a bit hoarse

He's sounded off for a few days now. Maybe just sick.

I'll eat my hat if the break gets 10 minutes by the end. Ineos, Quickstep and JV have done nothing all day. If they're happy for GC to be completely shook up (Carapaz, JA, and Rog to be all out of contention) then that's their call. But I'd be shocked. The break and the likes of MVDP and Nibali will gain time, that's for sure, but I think the big guns in the peloton have made the kalkulayshuns.

We'll see... very good chance I'll be eating my hat in an hour!

Between the Euros and this Tour I have been witness to many a hat buffet in the last few weeks.
    I do agree though that the break won't get 10+

G'wan the Shark!

Looking at the timing there the peloton still haven't caught Cav who sat up 20km ago.

Could be two cyclocrossers 1 and 2 on GC at end of stage - LOLZERZ :pac::pac:

Could be two cyclocrossers 1 and 2 on GC at end of stage - LOLZERZ :pac::pac:

Less surprising than Ineos and its Tour winning track cyclists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

UAE doing the work today but maybe not so bad if Nibali has 3 minutes and Trek have to defend the jersey for a few days. That buffer on his rivals really helps Pogacar to measure himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

mewso wrote: »
    I missed the last couple of hours. ProCyclingStats had Rog and Alaphilipe in the break when it first went away. I'm assuming they voluntarily dropped back?

I don’t think they were ever in it to be fair

Advertisement