Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does reCaptcha require QUIC?

Options
  • 02-07-2021 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

I've inherited a fairly basic application from another dev it's .net 5.0 MVC, it uses reCaptcha v3. I'm having an intermittent issue where the calls to the reCaptcha API are timing out.

Doesn't seem to be an issue with the code, both the front end calls and the back end calls get time out.

I've asked the customer's IT team if they're blocking anything from my PC when the app is running locally and they've said the only thing they block is QUIC.

So does reCaptcha require QUIC to function?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 den.iss

pillphil wrote: »
    basic application from another dev
    Doesn't seem to be an issue with the code

You need to find a method that makes REST calls and adds extra waiting time. As well as add logs to realize what kind of code error you trying to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

Not sure what you mean? I know what is timing out, it's the call to the recaptcha API. It's a simple request made by HttpClient. "https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify?secret={0}&response={1}"

The error is along the lines of "The request has timed out due to the defalt configuration of HttpClient of 100 seconds" (not exactly the error but i don't have access to it to check at the minute.

The initial call to the API from javascript to load the Recaptcha Logo etc can also time out, so it's not an issue specific to HttpClient
    "https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js?render=reCAPTCHA_site_key"

Advertisement