Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting new product

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Henry... wrote: »

They've been around for a long time.

https://voltstick.com/about

I'm not sure when they started being widely used but I've probably been using them for over 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Handy tool but do not use for proving dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Henry...

aido79 wrote: »
    They've been around for a long time.

https://voltstick.com/about

I'm not sure when they started being widely used but I've probably been using them for over 10 years.

Not the same as a voltstick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Not the same as a voltstick

I don't see much difference between them to be honest unless I'm missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

The second issue of the user manual is 02/16, so they are around a while.The only significant difference, I can see, between it and a voltstick is that it makes contact with the device under test.
    I would opt for a professional twin probe voltage tester e.g. Fluke

• Advertisement

Cerco wrote: »
    The second issue of the user manual is 02/16, so they are around a while.The only significant difference, I can see, between it and a voltstick is that it makes contact with the device under test.

Not being smart bit that's the whole idea

You have voltstick, these yokes and 2-wire testers

You may need one or all of the above depending on the task

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bruthal.

Cerco wrote: »

If you had a 3 gang wall switch a DIY enthusiast had made a mess of, a single point contact device can be useful.

aido79 wrote: »
    I don't see much difference between them to be honest unless I'm missing something?

I remember a ESBN guy using the non contact years ago, must be 20 years ago

Spent most of my time troubleshooting/maintenance

The non contact tester is my most important piece of equipment now ,after that the IR tester and the 3-wire Fault loop impedance tester

This device will be high up the list when I get one

Advertisement