Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is it worth?

Options
  • 02-07-2021 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I upgraded my old PC a few months ago and a friend is happy to take my old one off my hands.

I'm happy to let it go for nothing but he will not accept this. I know that GPU shortages means that prices for older/second hand hardware was inflated, but pretending that it wasn't, what would be a fair price to ask for the following from a friend;

Ryzen 5 1500x
    1050ti
    16gb 3000mhz ram
    1tb hdd
    240gb ssd
    ab350m mobo

I know without the GPU shortage, it wouldnt be worth much, and that is the value I am looking for if that makes sense! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

50-60% of RRP I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

The RRP of the parts you listed (not including a case, PSU, fans etc.) is roughly €500

I got as close as I could here using currently available parts: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2ZtdRT

So you can come up with a fair price yourself based on that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If it's a good mate and he seems to be by wanting to give you money for it when you are willing to give it away free, I'd say €150-€200 is a fair range for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Without the current shortage it'd still be worth about €350 2nd hand. I'd say €250 would be a good deal for a friend.

Obviously it depends what he wants from a gaming PC. If he wants to play Warzone or Cyberpunk or whatever, it's really not a great PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Homelander wrote: »
    Without the current shortage it'd still be worth about €350 2nd hand. I'd say €250 would be a good deal for a friend.

Obviously it depends what he wants from a gaming PC. If he wants to play Warzone or Cyberpunk or whatever, it's really not a great PC.

It's for his kids first gaming PC so I would assume Fortnite and Minecraft would be as demanding as it would get. If you think 350 is what it would be roughly without the shortage, I may see will he give 200 (feels very weird to be trying to get myself a lower price when I am the one selling :D )

I have seen 1050ti on adverts for almost double what I paid for mine in 2018 and it was entry level then!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah it would be perfect for a kids PC for those types of games. €200 is a steal for it. You would just about afford a Celeron-based 11" netbook for that price new.

Advertisement