Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldier F

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Hundreds of members of the IRA have served sentences for what they did.

Any one IRA member has served more time than the total amount of time British soldiers have served.

You are way out on a very sick, apologist limb here.

a war criminal is a war criminal , why cant you accept they were on both sides ?

and that the brits protecting their war criminals are doing the same as sf protecting theirs

a simple ad accurate concept but unpleasant for a party trying to fool young people

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mikethecop wrote: »
    you not understanding my answer isnt the same as me not answering

You are deflecting and still haven't answered a simple question:

If the standard for the state is being measured against those of paramilitaries, don't you think that is a dangerous place to be?

You are deflecting and still haven't answered a simple question:

lol ill make it simple for you

wold you lik a yes or no answer ?

which suits you best ?

lol ill make it simple for you

wold you lik a yes or no answer ?

which suits you best ?

Your attempts to vindicate British avoidance of responsibility and justice are fairly predictable.

We won't get an answer here, just attempts to deflect. Have at it, I don't think anyone is going to play your sickening game.

Your attempts to vindicate British avoidance of responsibility and justice are fairly predictable.

We won't get an answer here, just attempts to deflect. Have at it, I don't think anyone is going to play your sickening game.

you mate is still looking for a post where i in any way supported soldier f , can you help him and find some ?

the irony of a sf poster decrying deflection is lost on no one :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

you mate is still looking for a post where i in any way supported soldier f , can you help him and find some ?

the irony of a sf poster decrying deflection is lost on no one :pac::pac:

When you refuse to criticise those who have shielded him from justice for over 40 years -the State, you are supporting him.

What a nonsense claim to make to say you aren't.

When you refuse to criticise those who have shielded him from justice for over 40 years -the State, you are supporting him.

What a nonsense claim to make to say you aren't.

so no post then , no evidence just the fact that i dont immediately agree with your specific narrow opinion ,

you understand that there an be more than two sides to a situation right ?

so no post then , no evidence just the fact that i dont immediately agree with your specific narrow opinion ,

you understand that there an be more than two sides to a situation right ?

Your excuse for vindicating the soldier and the state is the predictable...but SF SF SF.

Nothing unusual in southern Ireland, plenty more like you over the years.

Your excuse for vindicating the soldier and the state is the predictable...but SF SF SF.

Nothing unusual in southern Ireland, plenty more like you over the years.

so still no vindication just you trying to smear any one who doenst want to join the mod . weak man very weak

last time coz you seem to have awful trouble with the concept

punish those who commit awful acts who ever they are , north south brit sf uvf who ever .

your understandable defensiveness about this seems to be because it would hurt sf more than it would the brits

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

so still no vindication just you trying to smear any one who doenst want to join the mod . weak man very weak

punish those who commit awful acts who ever they are , north south brit sf uvf who ever .

your understandable defensiveness about this seems to be because it would hurt sf more than it would the brits

As was pointed out to you already, a very very large percentage of republicans either ended up dead or in prison. How many British soldiers served a day in prison for crimes perpetrated here?

Deflection is obvious. Why anyone would want to defend someone like solider f it's beyond me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

do you see me defending the soldier :confused::confused: ?

what i did say is that sf has many many war criminals that hid behind the silence of a "political party" and gfa and have victims that will never see justice

Yes. You are engaging in irrelevant whataboutery to change the discussion from a British soldier murdering civilians to SF and the IRA. They have nothing to do with each other.

See below:

And so was bobby story and many others .

they should all be judged equally dont you think ?

or should only the ira be allowed to murder with impunity :confused:

Why not speak on the BA and the murdering soldier? Do you think the families of the victims should be held up to Bobby Storey and the IRA?

All you are doing to trying to take attention away from Soldier F and the BA to have a pop at SF. There's a thread for SF.

We get it. You think the State is the same as paramilitaries.

Paramilitaries who were caught faced the full force of the law, something you also seem to ignore.

Do you join in on a BLM thread saying 'All lives matter', also completely missing the point of BLM?

Shebean wrote: »
    Yes. You are engaging in irrelevant whataboutery to change the discussion from a British soldier murdering civilians to SF and the IRA. They have nothing to do with each other.

See below:

Why not speak on the BA and the murdering soldier? Do you think the families of the victims should be held up to Bobby Storey and the IRA?

All you are doing to trying to take attention away from Soldier F and the BA to have a pop at SF. There's a thread for SF.

so again , where did i defend this F fella ?

nowhere .

in fact you can see where i said he should face the same justice as any war criminal.

We get it. You think the State is the same as paramilitaries.

Paramilitaries who were caught faced the full force of the law, something you also seem to ignore.

Werent they mostly released after serving tiny terms under the GFA ? or are you ignoring that too ?

Do you join in on a BLM thread saying 'All lives matter', also completely missing the point of BLM?

come back with something relevant at some stage will ya ?

or is only a mob mentality allowed here

so again , where did i defend this F fella ?

nowhere .

in fact you can see where i said he should face the same justice as any war criminal.

So you are the same as everyone else here - the British state, having shielded the preparators of these war crimes for over 40 years are also guilty of war crimes.

Good to get that cleared up.

Werent they mostly released after serving tiny terms under the GFA ? or are you ignoring that too ?

Not all of them, many were in jail from the early 70's.

Tiny as the terms may have been, they were still longer than terms British soldiers served for their crimes.

So you are the same as everyone else here - the British state, having shielded the preparators of these war crimes for over 40 years are also guilty of war crimes.

Good to get that cleared up.

and whats the flip side of your statement ?

its not a tough one but it might bring you clarity

Not all of them, many were in jail from the early 70's.

Tiny as the terms may have been, they were still longer than terms British soldiers served for their crimes.

thats not accurate now is it

148 murderers serving life .

https://www.rte.ie/news/2000/0728/8126-prisoners/

"Among those granted freedom today are some of the North's most notorious Republican prisoners, including Brighton bomber Patrick Magee; Sean Kelly, who was convicted for his part in the Shankill bombing in 1993 that killed nine Protestants; IRA man, Thomas Begley; Docklands bomber, James McArdle, and those convicted of the murder of Lance bombadier, Stephen Restorick, the last British soldier to be killed in the North. Also due for release is leading Loyalist, Torrens Knight, convicted of a total of 12 murders, including the those at the Rising Sun bar in Greysteel in October 1993."

no problem if F was in jail rest of his life too along with those other criminals

• Advertisement

and whats the flip side of your statement ?

its not a tough one but it might bring you clarity

There is no requirement for a 'flip side'.

The 'state' being held accountable to a higher standard than subversives and paramilitaries is an important point on it's own.

One you were too scared and cowardly to make lest it show support for the paramilitaries you don't like.

There is no requirement for a 'flip side'.

The 'state' being held accountable to a higher standard than subversives and paramilitaries is an important point on it's own.

One you were too scared and cowardly to make lest it show support for the paramilitaries you don't like.

Fine have it your way , hold the british side to what ever standard you like but you have to hold the sf side to the same standard , All military targets fair game pow status demanded etc

now sf are the state in the north and they are still denining thier responsibility in the war crimes of ira

i wouldnt be terrible fond of paramilitary of any shade to be fair , not many are

come back with something relevant at some stage will ya ?

or is only a mob mentality allowed here
    Pointing out you are either spectacularly missing the point of the thread or a WUM.
    Unless it galls you too much to speak on a murdering British Army man in which case I'm not sure why you are here.
    You making this all about the IRA and SF, or 'they are all as bad as each other' is very bizarre.
    The victims and their families had no connection to any terrorist, (one victim was former BA) or political organisation whatsoever.

Fine have it your way , hold the british side to what ever standard you like but you have to hold the sf side to the same standard , All military targets fair game pow status demanded etc

now sf are the state in the north and they are still denining thier responsibility in the war crimes of ira

i wouldnt be terrible fond of paramilitary of any shade to be fair , not many are

SF didn't shoot dead anyone on Bloody Sunday...agents of the British state, i.e. the British army did.

Justice for a conflict/war has been delivered when IRA/UVF/INLA etc were found guilty.

It has not been delivered where the state via it's agents have been found guilty.

Your deflections are designed to obscure this and you have been found out...not to mention wanting.

SF didn't shoot dead anyone on Bloody Sunday...agents of the British state, i.e. the British army did.

Justice for a conflict/war has been delivered when IRA/UVF/INLA etc were found guilty.

It has not been delivered where the state via it's agents have been found guilty.

Your deflections are designed to obscure this and you have been found out...not to mention wanting.

more crimes were committed than on that one day you know and the ruling party in the state knows who committed them .

you really dont think thats a issue ?

Pointing out you are either spectacularly missing the point of the thread or a WUM.
    Unless it galls you too much to speak on a murdering British Army man in which case I'm not sure why you are here.
    You making this all about the IRA and SF, or 'they are all as bad as each other' is very bizarre.
    The victims and their families had no connection to any terrorist, (one victim was former BA) or political organisation whatsoever.

whats a WUM ?

more crimes were committed than on that one day you know and the ruling party in the state knows who committed them .

you really dont think thats a issue ?

You will not succeed in getting me to deflect the thread.

Using other crimes to excuse a state one, or to diminish it is disgusting...stop please. If there are crimes you wish to discuss, open another thread.
    No state is allowed to kill civilians because it has come under attack or is engaged in a war.

That is a dangerous precedent to set and has implications beyond the predictable 'whadda bout SF'.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You will not succeed in getting me to deflect the thread.

Using other crimes to excuse a state one, or to diminish it is disgusting...stop please. If there are crimes you wish to discuss, open another thread.
    No state is allowed to kill civilians because it has come under attack or is engaged in a war.

That is a dangerous precedent to set and has implications beyond the predictable 'whadda bout SF'.

I can name two off the top of my head where it happens on a regular basis and we never hear a peep about it from you.

I can name two off the top of my head where it happens on a regular basis and we never hear a peep about it from you.

How predictable again.

No comment on the topic but you arrive to have a go at a poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Jesus f*cking Christ lads, have a bit of dignity and decency. The blatant Provo whataboutery is the most base level of attempting to justify what happened that day.

The wrongs of the PIRA are about as f*cking relevant as discussing the actions of Pol Pot in this thread.

The simple fact of the matter is innocent people were murdered by state forces, and that state has spent decades since covering it up and protecting the perpetrators. No amount of pointing out the wrongs committed by a different group makes that right.

You can f*ck right off with your attempts to diminish that wrongdoing, or to blacken the names of the innocent people murdered that day by proxy with your attempts to try and connect them to the PIRA.

Absolutely pathetic.

Advertisement