Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldier F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

mikethecop wrote: »
    still missing quite a few bodies actually ......

lot of unprosecuted war cries on both sides too

What do you feel should be done regarding Soldier F murdering British citizens on British soil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Shebean wrote: »
    What do you feel should be done regarding Soldier F murdering British citizens on British soil?

he should trialed and punished if found guilty.

as with all war criminals on all sides i ve said that multiple times

he should trialed and punished if found guilty.

as with all war criminals on all sides i ve said that multiple times

Do you think the Irish government should engage with Westminster on this?
    I think it's high time international human rights bodies were brought in to investigate.

Do you think the Irish government should engage with Westminster on this?
    I think it's high time international human rights bodies were brought in to investigate.

who ever has information about any war crimes should engage

do you think sf should hand over information that their members have in relation to war crimes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Miniegg

do you think sf should hand over information that their members have in relation to war crimes ?

What does a British soldier murdering innocent people on the streets of Derry, and the British governments subsequent coverup, have to do with SF or the IRA?

Are you trying to paint that the victims had somehow deserved it or something?
    I have no idea why does this guff keeps getting mentioned on threads about BS and Ballymurphy.

The people who were murdered were innocent, they had absolutely nothing to do with the IRA.

The British state murdering innocent people whom they had elected responsibility over (and still claim moral authority over) is entirely separate to the awful things that terror groups did in the north.

• Advertisement

We know what soldier F did. All parties concerned have the information.
    You are confusing other incidences, this is regarding Soldier F murdering.
    I think it's rather bizarre to expect the families of these murder victims to look at other unrelated cases and accept that as anything other than some form of fobbing off.

Wrong thread. There's a SF thread. You are changing the topic. The British soldier F murdered British citizens on British soil.
    Soldier F's victims were not SF or IRA.

Miniegg wrote: »
    What does a British soldier murdering innocent people on the streets of Derry, and the British governments subsequent coverup, have to do with SF or the IRA?

Are you trying to paint that the victims had somehow deserved it or something?
    I have no idea why does this guff keeps getting mentioned on threads about BS and Ballymurphy.

The people who were murdered were innocent, they had absolutely nothing to do with the IRA.

The British state murdering innocent people whom they had elected responsibility over (and still claim moral authority over) is entirely separate to the awful things that terror groups did in the north.

an the soldier should be punished accordingly as ive said a ball of times at this stage dont know how you missed that :confused:

what is wrong with identifying and punishing all war criminals ? and as one of the gov parties in the same county where this happened continues to shield war criminals it is relevant ,

you want to be out raged by that fine by me

I think it's rather bizarre to expect the families of these murder victims to look at other unrelated cases and accept that as anything other than some form of fobbing off.

Wrong thread. There's a SF thread. You are changing the topic. The British soldier F murdered British citizens on British soil.

why would the victims and victims famiys of F have any interest in other war criminals ?

as above , if it upsets you thats not really anythng to do with anything :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,723 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There are those who are continuing the smear the British clung to for years of this. That the victims had it coming and were members/sympathisers with the IRA.

When the British state stooped to the level it did it was obvious there would be a cohort in Britain and Ireland who would go with them.

There are those who are continuing the smear the British clung to for years of this. That the victims had it coming and were members/sympathisers with the IRA.

When the British state stooped to the level it did it was obvious there would be a cohort in Britain and Ireland who would go with them.

not every one takes sides francie as you well know

some people just dont like murders regardless of their politics

• Advertisement

mikethecop wrote:
    what is wrong with identifying and punishing all war criminals ? and as one of the gov parties in the same county where this happened continues to shield war criminals it is relevant ,

An admirable position to take. But you aren't saying all war criminals on this thread, you are specifically mentioning IRA crimes, as if the IRA have anything to do with this.

You I'm sure well know that the British state smeared the innocent victims as terrorists and members of the IRA and republican bombers, so it's very distasteful that you would drag IRA crimes into this discussion when it is completely and utterly irrelevant. There are other threads to bash the IRA as I'm sure you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Patently obvious that someone wants to derail the thread with the same old rubbish

not every one takes sides francie as you well know

some people just dont like murders regardless of their politics

I can tell you this...long before those people where even born they were on a 'side'.
    A 'side' Unionism and the British conspired to subdue and deprive of basic human rights. When that 'side' took to the streets to protest in the only way they could, that 'side' was mown down in the street by the state who then attempted to cover it up, whitewash it and who have now conspired to kick justice down the road to the point it cannot be delivered.

That is the 'side' I am on, I am happy and proud to be on it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Justice was served on the 27th of August 1979.

Agreed. I still think those directly involved in Bloody Sunday got off lightly. They should have been brought to task.

why would the victims and victims famiys of F have any interest in other war criminals ?

as above , if it upsets you thats not really anythng to do with anything :confused:
    You raised and continue to try turn the thread into one about other combatants and war criminals. I doubt they do.

I'm not upset. why would I be?
    I think you are showing a lack of respect toward the families and a disregard or disinterest to Soldier F murdering.
    A British soldier murdered people and the British state wants to forget all about it. That's treating the 'British' of Northern Ireland as less than. It's allowing a murderer walk free. This is the discussion. Your interest in other organisations is best served elsewhere.
    It's baffling that you don't realise that.

Shebean wrote:
    I'm not upset. why would I be? I think you are showing a lack of respect toward the families and a disregard or disinterest to Soldier F murdering. A British soldier murdered people and the British state wants to forget all about it. That's treating the 'British' of Northern Ireland as less than. It's allowing a murderer walk free. This is the discussion. Your interest in other organisations is best served elsewhere. It's baffling that you don't realise that.

I'm sure he, and the other similar posters on this thread, know exactly what they are doing.

And as much as they say the British were wrong and justice should be done, there is always a "but, what about the IRA?", which again, as they know, links innocent victims of BS and BM with the IRA.

They then equivocate the disgraceful actions of the British government (whose primary responsibility is to protect its citizens), with those of the IRA (a paramilitary group).

So really to them justice would be "great" , but they want to sow the seeds that the people who were murdered in cold blood kind of deserve it because IRA, and the British were kind of right to cover it up because IRA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Is there anyone who can tell me exactly what relevance the Provos have to this discussion apart from blatant attempts to derail discussion?

It's particularly galling when a poster who tried to accuse me of whataboutery in a different thread (because I directly responded to his post) has showed up here to rant about SF.

Repeat after me.....the people murdered by Soldier F were not members of the Provisional IRA. The actions of the Provisional IRA are not a justification for what happened on Bloody Sunday. Pointing out that the PIRA were a shower of murdering b*stards has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

An admirable position to take. But you aren't saying all war criminals on this thread, you are specifically mentioning IRA crimes, as if the IRA have anything to do with this.

You I'm sure well know that the British state smeared the innocent victims as terrorists and members of the IRA and republican bombers, so it's very distasteful that you would drag IRA crimes into this discussion when it is completely and utterly irrelevant. There are other threads to bash the IRA as I'm sure you know.

lol

the post you quoted states ALL WAR CRIMINALS ,

as do a few other posts in this thread

lol

Congratulations. I take it that's mission accomplished?
    What ever floats your boat.

I can tell you this...long before those people where even born they were on a 'side'.
    A 'side' Unionism and the British conspired to subdue and deprive of basic human rights. When that 'side' took to the streets to protest in the only way they could, that 'side' was mown down in the street by the state who then attempted to cover it up, whitewash it and who have now conspired to kick justice down the road to the point it cannot be delivered.

That is the 'side' I am on, I am happy and proud to be on it too.

now whos derailing and deflecting ?

ill clarify so you can try deflect again ok ?

in the context of the crimes committed in NI not every one has to take a side , both can be wrong without either being right .

is that simple enough or will you need to deflect again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

lol

Nice to see you inadvertently admit there was a war/conflict raging up there Mike. You're not as far away from the rest of us as I initially thought you were (from your opening posts on this site)

Congratulations. I take it that's mission accomplished?
    What ever floats your boat.

you have to admit its a fairly weak to attack some one for not saying something while at the same time quoting that same person stating that exact thing that you accuse them of not saying

:pac::pac:

in the context of the crimes committed in NI not every one has to take a side , both can be wrong without either being right .

It's very clear what 'side' you are on and it isn't that of innocent Irish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Sound, pal.....now can you check the title of the thread? Should we go off on rants about the war crimes of Stalin or Hitler, or perhaps we would be better served by keeping it on topic?

The people killed on Bloody Sunday were innocent civilians, no amount of whinging about the wrongs of the Provos will change that. The victims that day hold as much responsibility for what the Provos did as you do, and the actions of the Provos are a complete and utter irrelevance when it comes to discussing how the British State covered up those murders.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Nice to see you inadvertently admit there was a war/conflict raging up there Mike. You're not as far away from the rest of us as I initially thought you were (from your opening posts on this site)

seems like you need to actually read the thread and catch up not just show up when the party calls

did i say somewhere there wasn't a war ?

It's very clear what 'side' you are on and it isn't that of innocent Irish people.

actually i d be on the side of ALL victims not just the ones deemed suitable for inclusion for political gain

mikethecop wrote:

mikethecop wrote:

Oh sorry you are right, I have you wrong. You are clearly a high and mighty symbol of justice out to fight for all victims of murder. Good on you.

Or really, you are trying poorly to disguise your tacit approval of British forces murdering its own innocent citizens by equivocating those acts with those of the IRA, or bizarrely as you claim all war criminals, who yet again have absolutely nothing to do with soldier f or bloody Sunday. Good man yourself.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Sound, pal.....now can you check the title of the thread? Should we go off on rants about the war crimes of Stalin or Hitler, or perhaps we would be better served by keeping it on topic?

The people killed on Bloody Sunday were innocent civilians, no amount of whinging about the wrongs of the Provos will change that. The victims that day hold as much responsibility for what the Provos did as you do, and the actions of the Provos are a complete and utter irrelevance when it comes to discussing how the British State covered up those murders.

what about you do you think sf should hand over info on their war crimes too ?

actually i d be on the side of ALL victims not just the ones deemed suitable for inclusion for political gain

Again with the insinuation about who these people were, disgusting.

• Advertisement

Oh sorry you are right, I have you wrong. You are clearly a high and mighty symbol of justice out to fight for all victims of murder. Good on you.

Or really, you are trying poorly to disguise your tacit approval of British forces murdering its own innocent citizens by equivocating those acts with those of the IRA, or bizarrely as you claim all war criminals, who yet again have absolutely nothing to do with soldier f or bloody Sunday. Good man yourself.

id love to see where i did that

gas to see you lads react to the idea of justice for all not just for some

Advertisement