Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ensuite Renovation

Options
  • 02-07-2021 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking to have a small ensuite renovated but just wanted to see if an initial quote made sense.

Ensuite is about 1.2m wide x 2.5m long. Currently tiled, has toilet, sink, shower etc, all working fine but old and a bit tired.

We'll need:
    - New shower tray
    - New sink
    - New shower door
    - New wall tiles
    - New floor tiles
    - Swap door to ensuite from one side of the ensuite to another (to access from a different bedroom).
    - New radiator.

Builder is talking about €5000-6000 but that doesn't include the cost of the fittings or the tiles.

Is that just the cost of things these days? I haven't much of a clue...

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I would have said €7-8k all in so builder appears there or there abouts.
    Get 3 quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jackben75

got a small bathroom done for 5k about 4 years ago from Homebase, that also included a bath and a vent in the wall as well as everything you outline. Actually turned out really well. Just to give you an idea, we only did it because we intended and did move and the original bathroom was yuck. They say prices have increased by 1/3 across the board from materials to the builders so maybe your price is accurate. Depends on quality of the materials of course

note: bathroom was circa 2 x 3 m. Homebase had their own contractor (costs included)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Gumbo wrote: »
    I would have said €7-8k all in so builder appears there or there abouts.
    Get 3 quotes.

Our issue is finding a builder who is free to do the job and who'll kinda organise the tiler/plumber and all that without us having to do the legwork.

Reassuring to hear your figure there though and, you're right, we do need some other quotes, difficult and all as it might be. Appreciate you replying, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Looking to have a small ensuite renovated but just wanted to see if an initial quote made sense.

Ensuite is about 1.2m wide x 2.5m long. Currently tiled, has toilet, sink, shower etc, all working fine but old and a bit tired.

We'll need:
    - New shower tray
    - New sink
    - New shower door
    - New wall tiles
    - New floor tiles
    - Swap door to ensuite from one side of the ensuite to another (to access from a different bedroom).
    - New radiator.

Builder is talking about €5000-6000 but that doesn't include the cost of the fittings or the tiles.

Is that just the cost of things these days? I haven't much of a clue...

Thanks!

Where are you based? Madness money, but yes, sounds about right given prices these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Murph85 wrote: »
    Where are you based? Madness money, but yes, sounds about right given prices these days...

North Cork.

I didn't consider the likes of Homebase (well, I suppose it'd be B&Q here in Cork) and asking if they'd do the lot. Might be worth asking I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Fabio wrote: »
    North Cork.

I didn't consider the likes of Homebase (well, I suppose it'd be B&Q here in Cork) and asking if they'd do the lot. Might be worth asking I suppose.

Ok , I sorted my own bathroom and a mates recently, a bit bigger than yours. 2.5k all in , that was me doing all the prep and having it ready for tiler / plumber. Ideally get someone who can tile and plumb...

Advertisement