Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Messages RCS

• 02-07-2021 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Anyone knows how to force google messages app to use RCS. It worked for last couple of months perfectly but since last couple of days it stopped working.
    I'm getting 'Trying to verify' message when I enter my phone number.

Found some articles on google but nothing seems to be working for me.

I'm on 48 network and S21 Ultra phone.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭kave2

kave2 wrote: »
    Anyone knows how to force google messages app to use RCS. It worked for last couple of months perfectly but since last couple of days it stopped working.
    I'm getting 'Trying to verify' message when I enter my phone number.

Found some articles on google but nothing seems to be working for me.

I'm on 48 network and S21 Ultra phone.

Thanks.

No one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭corkie

Have you tried disabling and enabling chat features toggle.

If it is dual sim phone. Make sure your on data for the sim you have setup?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Simi

I have no interest in RCS but I'm on 48 so I enabled it there to test. I had to turn off WiFi and use my data to get my number to verify. After that it worked fine with WiFi on/off.

My phone is a Poco f2 pro. If you're using the Samsung messaging app maybe an update broke compatibility or it could the service is just down?

Advertisement