Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting fees

Options
  • 02-07-2021 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine recently engaged with a company to carry out some work.

work was completed as per the brief and engagement letter, albeit with about 35 days delay (delay was not costly as it was a historical exercise going back 20 years). based on that, friend offered ~15% discount off the agreed fee.

company wants the records back but have ignored all requests for payment.

i have advised to return the records and escalate in a few months if request for payment continues to be ignored.

anyone have any thoughts on how they should proceed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

A friend of mine recently engaged with a company to carry out some work.

work was completed as per the brief and engagement letter, albeit with about 35 days delay (delay was not costly as it was a historical exercise going back 20 years). based on that, friend offered ~15% discount off the agreed fee.

company wants the records back but have ignored all requests for payment.

i have advised to return the records and escalate in a few months if request for payment continues to be ignored.

anyone have any thoughts on how they should proceed?

Issue a demand letter requesting payment within 14 days. Google samples

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I’m not 100% sure about what your friend did for this company but if my requests for payment were ignored then it would set off all sorts of alarm bells.

Does your friend want to work with this company again? If not, then return nothing until you have cleared funds in your account. It’s the only control they have over the company.

It also shows the importance of everyone setting out their payment terms, in writing, BEFORE any work is carried out.

Advertisement