Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone not getting the vaccine?

Options

Comments

tom1ie wrote: »
    I wonder is autism non existent in kids that don’t get vaccines?

No but their 5G reception isn't as good as the vaccinated ones

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Vaccines cause old age… hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Going to do only to avoid hassle when travelling. But personally I have no risk of getting covid and not affraid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Yes, silly little Ireland for trusting actual medical evidence over a feeling that the rollout is 'forced.' There is a sense of urgency around the rollout for obvious reasons.

I know many women in their 20s/30s (I am one myself) and all of them are keen to get the vaccine.

I think it's a sign of a well educated population actually. But you call us sheep all you want if it makes you feel good.

See why the attack? Why is everyone so keen to slate people who are just a bit hesitant because it has been rushed? I haven't slated anyone. I haven't advised anyone not to do anything. I answered a question honestly and instead of someone at least trying to see from my perspective, people are just slating them like they're flat earthers or anti vax altogether.

How likely is it that my mind will be changed? God sake there is a list the length of my leg of ways medical people failed us in the past. Any pro vax person, if they really feel strongly about this, needs to learn how to help hesitant people and it doesn't start with slating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Das Reich wrote: »
    Going to do only to avoid hassle when travelling. But personally I have no risk of getting covid and not affraid of it.

That’s grand but you do know u could spread it?
    The vaccine reduces transmission so u will be helping out by getting the vaccine. Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

TP_CM wrote: »
    See why the attack? Why is everyone so keen to slate people who are just a bit hesitant because it has been rushed? I haven't slated anyone. I haven't advised anyone not to do anything. I answered a question honestly and instead of someone at least trying to see from my perspective, people are just slating them like they're flat earthers or anti vax altogether.

How likely is it that my mind will be changed? God sake there is a list the length of my leg of ways medical people failed us in the past. Any pro vax person, if they really feel strongly about this, needs to learn how to help hesitant people and it doesn't start with slating them.

Because you’re posting nonsense.

Vaccines don’t cause autism.

These vaccines haven’t been rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40328123.html?type=amp&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I personally wouldn’t be comfortable with these odds.

AZ would prevent 10 but cause 21 deaths in that study.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

The problem with establishing it is that there are very few of such children you can compare to. If they don't get vaccinated - typically because of deep distrust of the parents towards health system - they are very unlikely to get properly diagnosed with autism too. There are also ethical concerns in designing experiments that would help to establish this relationship (exp. should we deny "state of the art" medication to certain group of children when we know that a vaccine is most effective when given at given age etc.)

You called the Irish people sheep, also inferring that people who are in favour of the vaccine are sheep. This is an insult. And your hesitancy is based on a 'feeling'.

I don't expect to be able to convince you of anything. It's hard to reason with people who base important medical decisions on feelings rather than verifiable evidence or expert opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

The autism thing touches a nerve, lad. It's like a calling card for uneducated discussion because the paper on the MMR that has caused rampant vaccination skepticism has been thoroughly and unquestionably debunked as total and utter bull****.

Also, don't come to a place like Boards to have your mind changed; talk to doctors. Talk to several of them if you feel you might be getting an overly pro-vaccine response from the first one or two. If there was something in these jabs that played havok with female fertility, with all the scrutiny they're under, it would've come out. Look how quickly the issues around clotting in adenovirus vector vaccines and myocarditis and pericarditis in mRNA vaccines were caught. There is screening for this stuff going on constantly. By all means, wait a full calendar year before getting the vaccine if it makes ye comfortable about your missus being alright but don't rule it out entirely.

• Advertisement

quinneerr wrote: »
    Mother weeps as she tells senator how Pfizer shot left her daughter wheelchair-bound.
    Read it and watch the video and then tell me its does not give you some concern
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/mother-weeps-as-she-tells-senator-how-pfizer-shot-left-her-daughter-wheelchair-bound

Show me the data. Not a sob story. How does the mum know the vaccine caused her to be wheelchair bound?

grogi wrote: »
    The problem with establishing it is that there are very few of such children you can compare to. If they don't get vaccinated - typically because of deep distrust of the parents towards health system - they are very unlikely to get properly diagnosed with autism too.

It was kind of a tongue in cheek comment.
    Vaccines don’t cause autism even though some people like to say they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

quinneerr wrote: »
    Mother weeps as she tells senator how Pfizer shot left her daughter wheelchair-bound.
    Read it and watch the video and then tell me its does not give you some concern
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/mother-weeps-as-she-tells-senator-how-pfizer-shot-left-her-daughter-wheelchair-bound
    How many more anti-vax tropes will we see before thread is nuked?

Flying Fox wrote: »
    You called the Irish people sheep, also inferring that people who are in favour of the vaccine are sheep. This is an insult. And your hesitancy is based on a 'feeling'.

I don't expect to be able to convince you of anything. It's hard to reason with people who base important medical decisions on feelings rather than verifiable evidence or expert opinion.

Did you see the bit where I said I was probably going to get the vaccination? Or have you just categorically decided I'm an absolute moron because I have a hesitation.

How can anyone be so sure without enough time elapsing? Like how did you reach the conclusion that this vaccine doesn't have any effect on babies if hardly any have been born to parents who took the vaccine? Genuine question, because I'm not arguing a point here I'm trying to get information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Mr.S wrote: »
    Stupid headline. Clot risks compared to death risk is massively inaccurate.

Did you read it? 21 deaths from clotting vs 10 deaths from Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Vaccine reduces transmission?
    Is that not a good reason?

I can still transmit it though?!

There are millions of actual relevant help available to explain vaccines to anyone hesitant.

The problem is "hesitant" people seem to trust the one grammatically shot lunatic story on some spammy blog ahead of the 1,000,000 actual experts.

pjohnson wrote: »
    How many more anti-vax tropes will we see before thread is nuked?

I hope it stays open so that I get a few links to share with my wife. We are genuinely trying to learn. We are pro vax. We just don't trust the media or the government at the moment.

Did you see the bit where I said I was probably going to get the vaccination? Or have you just categorically decided I'm an absolute moron because I have a hesitation.

How can anyone be so sure without enough time elapsing? Like how did you reach the conclusion that this vaccine doesn't have any effect on babies if hardly any have been born to parents who took the vaccine? Genuine question, because I'm not arguing a point here I'm trying to get information.

I’d be more worried about diesel fumes, hormones pumped into meat and Teflon coated frying pans than I would any of these vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

The reason why these people bang on about Autism is that it was the favored topic of struck off UK doctor and King of the Covidiots, Andrew Wakefield

• Advertisement

I can still transmit it though?!

The rate of Transmission is reduced dramatically by taking the vaccine hence you are helping society as opposed to just yourself.

You may as well be asking "how do you know the vaccine won't give me a third ear?"

There is absolutely no reason to believe a covid vaccine will have any negative impact on a baby that hasn't even been conceived yet. It's a worry with no basis.

hkjohn wrote: »
    The reason why these people bang on about Autism is that it was the favored topic of struck off UK doctor and King of the Covidiots, Andrew Wakefield

Yes.
    That guy has a lot to answer for.
    Hard to believe there are so many people willing to listen to that dangerous lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Could you imagine the carnage if the whole country decided not to take any Covid vaccines?

It’s a free country and people can make their own personal decisions, but I’d make it difficult for those who won’t get vaccinated by insisting that they need testing wherever they go. Shops, restaurants, universities etc.

I just mentioned it because it's something which doesn't typically present itself until later. I don't know anything about previous cases or what you're talking about and I haven't been looking at any looney bins going on about it. I'm basically talking about anything which can't be diagnosed during pregnancy because I'm assuming all of those issues have had enough time to present themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

The rate of Transmission is reduced dramatically by taking the vaccine hence you are helping society as opposed to just yourself.

Yep, looking increasingly like this is the case. Transmission will be dented by high vaccine uptake.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1112

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I will be taking it myself but have no problem with those who don't and crucially dont try force their views on others.

Their body, their choice

The patron saint of both those preaching "I'm not an anti-vaxxer but" AND the admitted anti-vaxxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

With hindsight my Dad and his father both had Aspergers, as has my son.

We only copped about my late father when we were describing him to my daughter one day (he died before she was born) and she said "thats exactly the way X (my son) is. And she was right. And my grandfather certainly had characteristics as well.

My grandfather was born in the 1870s. Probably had the smallpox vaccination. My Dad, the 1920s, he had the smallpox vaccine. My son has had every vaccine going including his first Pfizer.

Just because autism wasn't labelled or diagnosed readily in past times, didn't mean that it didn't exist. It did.

And even if vaccines caused autism, which they don't, because it is genetic, then I'd still prefer to have my wonderful quirky son alive and autistic than dead from a preventable disease but not autistic.

For any of you who still doubt the benefits of vaccines, then go onto www.irishgenealogy.ie and look at the deaths of people in the 1880s and onwards. We lost so many of our family to TB (vaccine currently available) including my great grandfather aged 35 in the 1890s and uncle aged 26 in the 1940s. You will see deaths from meningitis (vaccine currently available) including my grand uncle. And flu (a great great grandfather, a great grand uncle and even in the last few years a youngish family member).

Vaccines don't kill. Autism doesn't kill. Preventable diseases do.

• Advertisement

I lived in a country where, in general, they were anti-vax, everything!
    Didn't trust vaccines, had hundreds of stories about side affects etc.......
    There was an outbreak of measles when I was there, around 15 kids died, if I rem right. FFS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement