Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone not getting the vaccine?

Options

Comments

quinneerr wrote: »
    Not an anti-vaccine person but I am going to defer getting the covid vaccine until the clinical trials are over and the data published and reviewed, anyone else in the same boat?

Each to their own. I had reservations, but decided to go ahead and get the jab as we need to try and get back to normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

More disgusting anti-vaxx rubbish from someone claiming they're not anti-vaxx. Quelle surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I will be taking it myself but have no problem with those who don't and crucially dont try force their views on others.

Their body, their choice

And their choice means covid continues circulating and we continue with restrictions.
    Still happy with that?

TP_CM wrote: »
    I hope it stays open so that I get a few links to share with my wife. We are genuinely trying to learn. We are pro vax. We just don't trust the media or the government at the moment.

Ok, so let's get to the root of this distrust. Do you think the government is actually trying to cause you harm, and if so why would that be in their interest?

I have major issues with this government. They have failed young people in particular by facilitating a housing crisis. But I can separate that from the scientists who developed the vaccines, what they have done is nothing short of amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Flying Fox wrote: »
    You may as well be asking "how do you know the vaccine won't give me a third ear?"

There is absolutely no reason to believe a covid vaccine will have any negative impact on a baby that hasn't even been conceived yet. It's a worry with no basis.

Well we know it won't give me a third ear because enough people have taken it and have not grown a 3rd ear. And I even know that the baby won't grow a 3rd ear because they'd see that during pregnancies! Literally my only hesitation is about things which present themselves after the baby is born. I'm assuming everything prior to that point has had enough time to be found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Could you imagine the carnage if the whole country decided not to take any Covid vaccines?

It’s a free country and people can make their own personal decisions, but I’d make it difficult for those who won’t get vaccinated by insisting that they need testing wherever they go. Shops, restaurants, universities etc.

I was about to respond that we should go the full hog and make them wear the Star of David too when I see this absolute cretin already came up with that: https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40325321.html

2533850_3_articlelarge_658087.jpg

I will be taking it myself but have no problem with those who don't and crucially dont try force their views on others.

Their body, their choice

Their choice not to take the vaccine, everyone else choice to understand what idiots they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I won't be taking it at all, and alot of people in my age cohort that I know are also rejecting it. I think the numbers of uptake will drop soon, especially as we get to the younger cohorts because from everything I'm seeing and hearing online and in person there is alot of younger people not gonna bother with it, myself included. I'll happily get a PCR test when I need to travel. However, no long term trials completed means no chemical junk is going in my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Ok, so let's get to the root of this distrust. Do you think the government is actually trying to cause you harm, and if so why would that be in their interest?

I have major issues with this government. They have failed young people in particular by facilitating a housing crisis. But I can separate that from the scientists who developed the vaccines, what they have done is nothing short of amazing.

No I don't think they're out to harm us. It just feels like they haven't spent enough time talking through some specific hesitations which people have. Like my example. I think it would be better if they acknowledged it and told me exactly why vaccinations can have zero effects on babies. It's a real concern for a lot of parents thinking about conceiving in the next few months. But instead, I'm told that unless I'm vaccinated I won't be allowed to travel or eat indoors. Fair enough but not the kind of help I need here with my concern.

If the medical trials have gone that far or even if this vaccine is basically the exact same as a previous ones which have been trialled for that long, that would at least be more helpful than just telling me 'It's ok, just take it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

shocksy wrote: »
    I won't be taking it at all, and alot of people in my age cohort that I know are also rejecting it. I think the numbers will drop soon as we get to the younger cohorts, from everything I'm seeing and hearing online and in person there is alot of younger people not gonna bother with it, myself included. I'll happily get PCR test when I need yo travel, but no untested long term chemical junk is going in my arm.

And if you need a PCR test every few days just to go to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Ill take a vaccine once its based on standard vaccine tech that is well proven. I cant understand this rush to get this mRNA vaccine. I dont agree with GMO food and i certainly wont be taken a GMO vaccine.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/covid-19-vaccines-have-weakened-the-anti-gmo-movement-1.4594120

Sure GMO food is proven as safe by the boffins and it definitely wont give you 3 arms in the next few years but messing with genetics can only end badly. This can be seen with biodiversity climate change etc.

The vaccine roll out and the fervour for mRNA vaccines has given the pharma companies carte blanche to modify everything to suit our needs. If this ends well or badly it will take probably generations to find out. Lets hope it is not badly. Ultimately society has to remember that pharma companies are motified by one primary factor, and that is profit. And they are on a gravy train at the moment. And they will not let it go easily.

I won't be taking it at all, and alot of people in my age cohort that I know are also rejecting it. I think the numbers of uptake will drop soon, especially as we get to the younger cohorts because from everything I'm seeing and hearing online and in person there is alot of younger people not gonna bother with it, myself included. I'll happily get a PCR test when I need to travel. However, no long term trials completed means no chemical junk is going in my arm.

In that case you're part of the problem

It's pretty clear from today that your post is utter nonsense. Pharmacies inundated with calls from young people desperate to get vaccinated.

And the use of the words 'chemical junk' show that you're not posting in good faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭Allinall

More room in the pubs and restaurants for the rest of up so.

Cheers.

snowcat wrote: »
    Ill take a vaccine once its based on standard vaccine tech that is well proven. I cant understand this rush to get this mRNA vaccine. I dont agree with GMO food and i certainly wont be taken a GMO vaccine.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/covid-19-vaccines-have-weakened-the-anti-gmo-movement-1.4594120

Sure GMO food is proven as safe by the boffins and it definitely wont give you 3 arms in the next few years but messing with genetics can only end badly. This can be seen with biodiversity climate change etc.

The vaccine roll out and the fervour for mRNA vaccines has given the pharma companies carte blanche to modify everything to suit our needs. If this ends well or badly it will take probably generations to find out. Lets hope it is not badly. Ultimately society has to remember that pharma companies are motified by one primary factor, and that is profit. And they are on a gravy train at the moment. And they will not let it go easily.

If it wasn’t for Big Pharma there would be millions more deaths already. I say thank you Big Pharma- keep up the good work

You do know that not taking this vaccine is prolonging restrictions?

In that case you're part of the problem

Thank you for your educated response.

Allinall wrote: »
    More room in the pubs and restaurants for the rest of up so.

Cheers.

You're very welcome. I'm not obsessed with pubs like the majority of the country and the posters on here.

Thank you for your educated response.

Speaking of education, you might want to educate yourself on the vaccines. Good man.

And if you need a PCR test every few days just to go to work?

That's never gonna happen haha. Wise up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

So genuinely, absolutely nobody is in the slightest bit concerned of any long term effects after taking what is 100% a trial vaccine?

snowcat wrote: »

What about hormones pumped into meat?
    Teflon on frying pans? Air pollution? do you equally rally against them?

So genuinely, absolutely nobody is in the slightest bit concerned of any long term effects after taking what is 100% a trial vaccine?

They're afraid to be concerned as they jumped when their leaders told them too and are now worried that they don't know what they've taken so they refuse to hear the logic of people refusing to take it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I love this "it was rushed" story that gets spouted, this was a global pandemic the likes of which we have never seen before (and hopefully won't see again), people were dying, people were scared of more deaths, people were scared of the unknown and a large group of the smarted people in the world worked night and day to develop a vaccine.
    Obviously some people seen the pot of gold at the end but just because companies are making money out of it doesn't mean there's some evil or wrong doing, had this been a normal new virus, the vaccine would have taken years, for covid vaccines at every stage from development to administration, there has been multiples of every resource that would normal be involved with a new vaccine.

Not when compared to getting covid and suffering it’s short and possible long term effects.

tom1ie wrote: »
    You do know that not taking this vaccine is prolonging restrictions?

To be fair, That shouldn’t have to be a reason for anyone hesitant to go and take a vaccine.

They're afraid to be concerned as they jumped when their leaders told them too and are no worried that they don't know what they've taken haha.

When did school break up for summer holidays?
    Your allowed stay up late now, fair play!

That's never gonna happen haha. Wise up.

Israel enforced it. Should happen here too to keep workplaces safe.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Not when compared to getting covid and suffering it’s short and possible long term effects.

But you’re not guaranteed to have anything more then a simple cold? Yes some people get hit hard with it, I know of two people, I also know of plenty who have tested positive and have had flu like symptoms for a couple of days and that’s it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Genuinely not in the slightest. So genuinely, you prefer take chances of long term effects from an 'untested' virus that emerged in the wilds of china and hospitalised millions of people rather something literally designed to be benign in a labatory and tested and trialled throughout the year around the globe by the greatest minds on earth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement