Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone not getting the vaccine?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

To be fair, That shouldn’t have to be a reason for anyone hesitant to go and take a vaccine.

Why? This is how we allow covid to die out. By reaching herd immunity through vaccination.

Incredibly selfish post tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

shocksy wrote: »
    I won't be taking it at all, and alot of people in my age cohort that I know are also rejecting it. I think the numbers of uptake will drop soon, especially as we get to the younger cohorts because from everything I'm seeing and hearing online and in person there is alot of younger people not gonna bother with it, myself included. I'll happily get a PCR test when I need to travel. However, no long term trials completed means no chemical junk is going in my arm.

not surprising, young people in this country that i've seen have not given a flip about this virus from the very start as the risk to them was low. only concerned with their social lives. and media and politicians terrified of offending them. a sad sign for our future honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

To be fair, That shouldn’t have to be a reason for anyone hesitant to go and take a vaccine.

Yes it should. It's called doing your bit and not being selfish.

TP_CM wrote: »
    No I don't think they're out to harm us. It just feels like they haven't spent enough time talking through some specific hesitations which people have. Like my example. I think it would be better if they acknowledged it and told me exactly why vaccinations can have zero effects on babies. It's a real concern for a lot of parents thinking about conceiving in the next few months. But instead, I'm told that unless I'm vaccinated I won't be allowed to travel or eat indoors. Fair enough but not the kind of help I need here with my concern.

If the medical trials have gone that far or even if this vaccine is basically the exact same as a previous ones which have been trialled for that long, that would at least be more helpful than just telling me 'It's ok, just take it'.

But it sounds like you won't be reassured for at least a year or two after the vaccine rollout (several months to conceive, then pregnancy, then time to observe the child's health, etc). We simply don't have that much time when we're fighting a global pandemic.

Also, there is no historical evidence of vaccines in parents causing health issues in future children. There's no reason to believe it will now. I don't think a doctor can change your mind if you're determined to wait until x number of babies have been born to vaccinated parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

tom1ie wrote: »
    Why? This is how we allow covid to die out. By reaching herd immunity through vaccination.

So hold a gun to everyone’s head and say take this vaccine or you’re not allowed out, absolute nonsense.

• Advertisement

But you’re not guaranteed to have anything more then a simple cold? Yes some people get hit hard with it, I know of two people, I also know of plenty who have tested positive and have had flu like symptoms for a couple of days and that’s it.

Indeed and I would prefer to take a vaccine that has been tested in a lab than a wild vaccine that has killed millions, and will cause long term problems for many millions more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭bmc58

quinneerr wrote: »
    Not an anti-vaccine person but I am going to defer getting the covid vaccine until the clinical trials are over and the data published and reviewed, anyone else in the same boat?

And if you get Covid 19 or the Delta variant(God Forbid) do you expect the Health Services to treat you after your non compliance to the medical directives?You can't have it every way.

So hold a gun to everyone’s head and say take this vaccine or you’re not allowed out, absolute nonsense.

Highlight where I said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

TP_CM wrote: »
    We're pro vax but hesitant with this one because we're going for another kid and we haven't seen enough information around parents who had the vaccine pre-conception and the health of the baby after birth (autism etc). I will more than likely get it as soon as my part is done though. I'll fully support whatever the missus wants to do but from what I've heard so far she's going nowhere near it.

Please don't reproduce anymore. There's enough stupid out there without your further additions.

Now that you say it though, that’s not a bad idea. It’s your choice not to allow yourself out because you won’t take a vaccine.

• Advertisement

Yes it should. It's called doing your bit and not being selfish.

Another nonsense argument, I’ve done plenty and made plenty of sacrifices.
    By all means go ahead and take your vaccine, i have absolutely no problem with that.
    But when you can’t get more then “do your bit for society” as an argument for taking a trial vaccine I think I’ll take my chances. Young fit and healthy, clearly you’re not.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I can think of 4 friends who will definitely not be getting it and I wasn't in a rush to get it myself but just went along with it as I may need it if I want to go abroad.

By all means go ahead and take your vaccine, i have absolutely no problem with that.
    But when you can’t get more then “do your bit for society” as an argument for taking a trial vaccine I think I’ll take my chances. Young fit and healthy, clearly you’re not.
    Cheers

Your really haven’t a scooby have you!
    The likes of you is what’s will lead to prolonged restrictions as you can’t comprehend taking a vaccine protects society as a whole.

Indeed and I would prefer to take a vaccine that has been tested in a lab than a wild vaccine that has killed millions, and will cause long term problems for many millions more.

Absolutely fine, i have no issue with you doing that, but there are others out there who would rather take the chance with covid. So let’s leave the high and mighty attitude behind and let people decide if they would like to take a trial vaccine or run the risk of getting a bad dose of covid.

Cheers

none of the vaccines are trials. they all went through the same approval processes as any other vaccine.

and good for you being young fit and healthy. the point is to protect others by not catching it and spreading to those older at risk people. i know that concept is completely lost on young people like yourself though, so don't worry about it.

there really should be some education in schools on basic disease control concepts. it seems to be severely lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭Allinall

Absolutely fine, i have no issue with you doing that, but there are others out there who would rather take the chance with covid. So let’s leave the high and mighty attitude behind and let people decide if they would like to take a trial vaccine or run the risk of getting a bad dose of covid.

What about running the risk of passing on a bad dose of COVID to others?

You just don’t care, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

cheezums wrote: »
    none of the vaccines are trials. they all went through the same approval processes as any other vaccine.

and good for you being young fit and healthy. the point is to protect others by not catching it and spreading to those older at risk people. i know that concept is completely lost on young people like yourself though, so don't worry about it.

Tbf its not just young people you get moronic eejits like this at all age groups. They have their fun and thats all that matters.

Your really haven’t a scooby have you!
    The likes of you is what’s will lead to prolonged restrictions as you can’t comprehend taking a vaccine protects society as a whole.

The likes of me, ha you haven't a clue who I am or what I do, stop getting yourself in a hissy just because I have an opinion that differs to yours.

Good lad,

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, we have a Conspiracy Theories forum for this sort of stuff

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement