Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom duty on eyeglasses

Options
  • 02-07-2021 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking to get my eyes tested and then order new eyeglasses.

I have used Zenni Opticals and Glasses2you in the UK. But paid custom duty on both occasions. Still, they were half price compared to Specsavers.

Could you recommend a good and cheap EU website to order prescription eyeglasses?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Hi All,

I am looking to get my eyes tested and then order new eyeglasses.

I have used Zenni Opticals and Glasses2you in the UK. But paid custom duty on both occasions. Still, they were half price compared to Specsavers.

Could you recommend a good and cheap EU website to order prescription eyeglasses?

Thanks

Go to aliexpress and search for glasses frames
    Only 5 usd or less no customs duty, thats where all uk suppliers stock them and resale for 50 euro

Or search for titanium glasses frame cost about 30-50 usd same glasses in specsavers 150 euros ripoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

"From 1 July 2021, import VAT is payable on all goods entering the EU, irrespective of their value."

Aliexpress is no longer an option unless you specifically select dispatch from EU Warehouse.

I will search titanium glass frame now.

Thanks
    markmoto wrote: »
    Go to aliexpress and search for glasses frames
    Only 5 usd or less no customs duty, thats where all uk suppliers stock them and resale for 50 euro

Or search for titanium glasses frame cost about 30-50 usd same glasses in specsavers 150 euros ripoff.

Advertisement