Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brookwood Artane

Options
  • 02-07-2021 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey folks, didn't want to raise the old thread from the dead but does anyone live in Brookwood in Artane. Looking at houses in Brookwood Avenue to Brookwood Crescent area and wondering what the area is like?

Been through it loads, it seems absolutely fine. Close to dart, st. Anne's, sea, shops etc. Brookwood avenue is busy with traffic but could live with it. Other roads in the area are a lot quieter.

Anything I'm missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Not really missing anything. You get most of the same benefits of Clontarf & Killester without the post code inflation. It's as you said, very mature, well served in both amenities and transport. There's plans being proposed to make Brookwood avenue a much better experience by adding cycling lanes. I expect this will make the area even more attractive. Details here

https://twitter.com/CatzStocker/status/1374460839227363342?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1374460839227363342%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fmobile%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058171551

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Really nice area in my opinion near everything, very good public transport, brilliant SuperValue in Killester, as other posters said near St Anns park and Clontarf, Dollymont strand.

I wouldn't say good value though its north of 500k for one that is refurbished.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Really nice area in my opinion near everything, very good public transport, brilliant SuperValue in Killester, as other posters said near St Anns park and Clontarf, Dollymont strand.

I wouldn't say good value though its north of 500k for one that is refurbished.

True. It's still expensive but in comparison, a similarly designed house 800m down the road in Clontarf will be pushing north of 625k.

See Dunluce or Furry park road as example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

It is a bit of a kip. full of retired civil servants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

You're a little bit obsessed with civil servants:p what did they ever do to you.

• Advertisement

See OP, you already have a strong lobby group in the area :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HungryEllipsis

Actually the last one we viewed was a retired civil servant. 😂

Thanks for all the feedback.

Am I right in saying if we do manage to get a prop here, we could still send our kids to schools in Raheny or Bayside (as long as we get a place)?

Actually the last one we viewed was a retired civil servant. 😂

Thanks for all the feedback.

Am I right in saying if we do manage to get a prop here, we could still send our kids to schools in Raheny or Bayside (as long as we get a place)?

Don't assume that. Different parts of Brookwood are in different parishes. Check the parish boundaries on that. For example Brookwood road is 100 metres from st brigids girls school but is outside the parish.

Not sure what the rules are for educate together though a neighbour of mine in the Brookwood area did send their daughter to an educate together in raheny

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HungryEllipsis

jon1981 wrote: »
    Don't assume that. Different parts of Brookwood are in different parishes. Check the parish boundaries on that. For example Brookwood road is 100 metres rom st brigids girls school but is outside the parish.

Not sure what the rules are for educate together though a neighbour of mine in the Brookwood area did send their daughter to an educate together in raheny

Thanks. Will definitely check them.

As far as we can see it depends on whether that particular entry year (in whatever school outside the area you are from) has spaces left over after the initial entry from the local area..if you get what I'm trying to say. Either way need to get a house first.

Advertisement