Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android call recorder app

• 02-07-2021 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a call recorder app please?

I've tried a few from the playstore but they either simply so not work, only record you the speaker and not the other person, or else they just mess with your phone to the point that all calls go silent and no-one either side can hear one another.

Anyone know of something that might fit the bill and just do what it says on the tin, i.e. automatically record any incoming and outgoing calls please?

Thanks!

Comments

Morby wrote: »

I've tried a few from the playstore but they either simply so not work, only record you the speaker and not the other person, or else they just mess with your phone to the point that all calls go silent and no-one either side can hear one another.

Anyone know of something that might fit the bill and just do what it says on the tin, i.e. automatically record any incoming and outgoing calls please?

Thanks!

I always thought this was difficult due to privacy issues, otherwise it would be built in to the phone app.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Morby wrote: »

Thanks!

If you put your call on speaker it records perfectly with any recording app

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Basil3 wrote: »
    I always thought this was difficult due to privacy issues, otherwise it would be built in to the phone app.

In Ireland only 1 party has to consent to recording a conversation. The interesting bit is what you do with the recordings after as you are now dealing with GDPR as you have someone's personal data

Del2005 wrote: »
    In Ireland only 1 party has to consent to recording a conversation. The interesting bit is what you do with the recordings after as you are now dealing with GDPR as you have someone's personal data

I once replied to an instance industry agent who asked if it was okay if they record this conversation for quality and training purposes, said "yeah that's fine, so am I", they hung up! They wouldn't allow it the other way, for my protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Huawei has Call Recorder. It doesn't come installed, but when you install it it adds a button to the Phone app and a setting to record all calls automatically or only certain numbers.
    I'm not sure if it works on all huawei phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I've been using this one for years with no hassle. It wasn't recording BT phonecalls, but that can be changed in the settings......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I've been using ACR unchained for years. Always works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Certain Samsung phones from Asia have call recording options built in as default. You can purchase these in independent phone shops throughout the country. You can also reflash but at the risk of bricking your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If it's a Xiaomi it's built in on the Chinese and the Global ROMs but not the EU.
    Huawei and others do have the capability built in but it's often region locked.

Personally I'm a fan of root and a magisk module for call recording.
    SKVALEX or Axet.

If root isn't an option, maybe flash a regional ROM that supports it?
    Of course check 1st it doesn't knock out any other functionality or radio bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I once replied to an instance industry agent who asked if it was okay if they record this conversation for quality and training purposes, said "yeah that's fine, so am I", they hung up! They wouldn't allow it the other way, for my protection.

You don't have to inform them that you are recording the call/conversation , that's where only 1 party needs to agree to the recording, but if you tell them that you are recording then there's nothing to make them stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

I use Truephone

Advertisement