Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi & the Schiits

• 03-07-2021 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm mulling over the idea of getting a better audio system than headphones plugged directly into my TV (!). I have an Unraid server in the house, and have learned I can stream FLAC music from it, to a device on the network called a streamer.

Seemingly you can do this with a Raspberry Pi, and some software. I'd like to use an external dac & headphone amp however, and have come across the Schiit Modi 3+ DAC, and the Schiit Magni 3+ headphone amp. Has anyone any experience of them, and can recommend them or otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hudo

I have RPI with Pi2AES add on card (to have AES, I2S and other outputs from Rpi instead of just USB), installed RoPieee (or Volumio) or Rpi, and works great as a streamer (and DDC) device. Also connected to Schiit DAC.

Advertisement